• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Blue Exorcist, FMA or D.Gray-Man?

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
These three animes are very similar, and I am here today to start a discussion if what one is the best.
Each has thier own spark. DGM's is the backstory, FMA the layout of the manga, and BE is... Well... the whole idea of it all, and maybe even the humour.

The Backstory of DGM is very deep and complicated, no examples due to spoilers. All of the characters have a dark past, and the main backstory itself is well thought up; Whereas the likes of Blue Exorcist is not that detailed. The Son Of Satan, made to kill things called Yokai. There is a storyline coming later on, but again spoilers.

On the romance side of things, None of these animes are very romantic. Blue Exorcist has no romance whatsoever, and DGM has merely a villian loving the main character. FMA is like a bomb at the end; readers will understand.

Above all, even though the story lines are all good, I say DGM wins the medal. The storyline is just really enjoyable.

What do you think?

This is a tough one for me. I'll always favourite FMA, with Blue Exorcist in second, and DGM last.

Although I had loved DGM a few years back for a little while and introduced it to most of my friends, looking back on it now, I really don't like it. Now I just see it as a major FMA ripoff to be honest.

The romance you mentioned is nice; not every show needs romance, and I'm glad those three didn't have it. Some things are better left saved for Fanfiction, heheheh.

Out of those three FMA will always be first place for me. Especially the 2003 anime (though Brotherhood was good too). The realism and depressing subplots in it never ceased to move and surprise me.

I equally enjoyed all of the anime you've listed. I've seen them all at least ten times per episode, save for the fact that I have yet to finish watching D. Gray-Man to the end. I highly recommend reading the Blue Exorcist manga; it goes into detail regarding the origins of the twin boys and why one of them received his powers much later than the other....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom