• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BlazBlue Vs Street Fighter

Which is better? BlazBlue or Street Fighter?

• BlazBlue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Street Fighter

• I dunno

• Neither

• Total voters

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Title says it all. Which do you think is better?

I personally think that BlazBlue is the superior fighter here because the fighting system is extremely in-depth and very satisfying when you get it right!
Also, the characters are much more different from each other. It's not like Street fighter where there's a fireball technique for every character and Ryu is pretty much identical to Ken. Each character had their own move sets and button inputs! Also, you can string together very flash combos.
The characters are much more developed story-wise. Each have their own personality and relationships with each other.

Don't get me wrong, Street Fighter series is a great one, but I think BlazBlue is much better!

Fig

The Altruist
I never heard of BlazBlue and I love playing Street Fighter so my vote will have to go to Street Fighter! I love the combos and special moves that each character has!

I never heard of BlazBlue and I love playing Street Fighter so my vote will have to go to Street Fighter! I love the combos and special moves that each character has!

You have never touched BlazBlue? Shame on you.

Here, let me enlighten you:

[video=youtube;D2fiC-SDl_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2fiC-SDl_4[/video]

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I never cared for BlazBlue, not that I'm any good at Street Fighter :sweat:

Honestly, my vote goes to SF not from a good player's point of view but simply because the playstyle of SF fits me more than BB. That, and the character designs interest me more in SF despite not having as much going on. 'sides, isn't BB execution heavy? I have thumbs for those, but I'm not too good at those fast paced 2D fighters; SF is more chillax.

I never cared for BlazBlue, not that I'm any good at Street Fighter :sweat:

Honestly, my vote goes to SF not from a good player's point of view but simply because the playstyle of SF fits me more than BB. That, and the character designs interest me more in SF despite not having as much going on. 'sides, isn't BB execution heavy? I have thumbs for those, but I'm not too good at those fast paced 2D fighters; SF is more chillax.

Actually, in terms of attacks, SF is much more complicated than BB. SF has six buttons you attack with- either a punch or a kick, with three levels of strength, where as BB has just a Weak, Medium, and Strong attack, plus what's called a "Drive" attack, which is unique to each character. Of course, what direction you use with these inputs determines what attack you do. I wouldn't say it's more about "execution" than it is about catching your opponent in a moment of weakness and punishing them. You can go through the entire game using just simple bread and butter combos and still be successful at it. I'd say the only time execution really comes into play is when dealing with a human player, and even then, it's about catching them off guard and punishing them.

I've always deemed BlazBlue to be a more eccentric fighter whereas Street Fighter plays it by the rules. That said I prefer SF for its catering to every walk over player-a certain depth in its initial perceived simplicity which makes it a great game for novice players as well as MLG.

What I love about Street Fighter is the plethora of customization options. Each character has an unprecedented move set involving three levels of punches and kicks, ex attacks, and super as well as ultra combos. Moreover, it's a very strategic brawler. With some fighters such as Juri or Dhalsim you're taking a huge gamble with the Ultra Combo if you miss but the results of a hit are among the most satisfying and hell wreaking in any fighter.

Kirino

Tatakae
Blazblue. Street Fighter is way too complicated for me to play. I can play and do good at any fighter except fot SF. I like Blazblue because I like the character design better, it has more modes, more stuff to do,the fighting styles of each character are very diverse, and the story is great, especially for a fighting game.

I have the first blazblue on the psp and the second on the 3DS (which is awful, massive slowdown during fights why?)

I liked the first Blazblue, it was an interesting element during story mode to have to pull off a special move to advance further down a branch of the story to get a more in-depth narrative out of the proceedings but there were only two characters i liked in the entire two games and they were Noel and that hot woman with the long red rod (...hmm). The special moves could be difficult to pull off and more so since you need a full technique bar to be abel to pull them off and depending on your luck in the fight it can be hit and miss even if you're doing well which got annoying for me. It feels as if Blazblue is trying too hard to be something its not, its aware of its own competition and even its anime-ness isn't very fresh or appealing to me and reminds me of a lot of what i have seen before. the battle system on its own works well though its just the to me the game as a whole can feel cheap and tacky sometimes.

that being said i've never really cared for Street fighter, ive never been very good at 2d fighters and i've preferred the characters in every other fighting game like Mortal Kombat and my personal favourite, Killer Instinct, to those found in Street Fighter, i find SF more rewarding, more polished and more fun though, its battle system isn't needlessly complicated and doesn't need to try and set itself apart with dodge, roll and flip moves etc etc. SF4 has been the first SF game i've enjoyed since 2Turbo on the Snes and wins over BlazBlue for me but i'm not keen on either of them.

Hey Rare! Get on with Killer Instinct 3!!

I've always deemed BlazBlue to be a more eccentric fighter whereas Street Fighter plays it by the rules. That said I prefer SF for its catering to every walk over player-a certain depth in its initial perceived simplicity which makes it a great game for novice players as well as MLG.

What I love about Street Fighter is the plethora of customization options. Each character has an unprecedented move set involving three levels of punches and kicks, ex attacks, and super as well as ultra combos. Moreover, it's a very strategic brawler. With some fighters such as Juri or Dhalsim you're taking a huge gamble with the Ultra Combo if you miss but the results of a hit are among the most satisfying and hell wreaking in any fighter.

I wouldn't say BB is any less deep than SF. It's just different. It has a different way of doing things, a different style, and very different characters and plot (one revolves around a tournament, the other an outlaw trying to take down a corrupt government while trying to prevent a recurring timeloop from happening again). SF has a much larger pedigree than BB, obviously, as it has been around longer and has had time to perfect its gameplay, where as BB in many respects is still trying to figure itself out. I like BB for its plot and techniques, but I also like SF for its simplicity.

Blazblue. Street Fighter is way too complicated for me to play. I can play and do good at any fighter except fot SF. I like Blazblue because I like the character design better, it has more modes, more stuff to do,the fighting styles of each character are very diverse, and the story is great, especially for a fighting game.

I myself am not really into BB for the character designs, as they're the same typical anime character molds we've seen elsewhere. What I do like, and agree with you on, is that it has a much deeper plotline.

I have the first blazblue on the psp and the second on the 3DS (which is awful, massive slowdown during fights why?)

BlazBlue is a series best played on consoles. I have the PC version of Calamity Trigger, and the PSP version of Continuum Shift II, and between the two, I would take the 360 port any day over the portable version.

I liked the first Blazblue, it was an interesting element during story mode to have to pull off a special move to advance further down a branch of the story to get a more in-depth narrative out of the proceedings but there were only two characters i liked in the entire two games and they were Noel and that hot woman with the long red rod (...hmm).

You're thinking of this lady:

Litchi_Faye-Ling_(Continuum_Shift,_Character_Select_Artwork).jpg

She's Litchi Faye-Ling, aka Boobie Lady. Say hi!

The special moves could be difficult to pull off and more so since you need a full technique bar to be abel to pull them off and depending on your luck in the fight it can be hit and miss even if you're doing well which got annoying for me. It feels as if Blazblue is trying too hard to be something its not, its aware of its own competition and even its anime-ness isn't very fresh or appealing to me and reminds me of a lot of what i have seen before. the battle system on its own works well though its just the to me the game as a whole can feel cheap and tacky sometimes.

It depends on the character. I know that at least in Calamity Trigger, I've had a hard time pulling off certain moves, such as v-13's Legacy Edge (for some reason, my controller hates trying to do two QCFs in a row, and it's irritating). With that said, it's a game that I enjoy for what it is. I don't really try to compare to SF, as SF has been around for far longer and has a longer pedigree than the fledgling BB/GG. I am looking forward to Chrono Phantasma's release, though!

that being said i've never really cared for Street fighter, ive never been very good at 2d fighters and i've preferred the characters in every other fighting game like Mortal Kombat and my personal favourite, Killer Instinct, to those found in Street Fighter, i find SF more rewarding, more polished and more fun though, its battle system isn't needlessly complicated and doesn't need to try and set itself apart with dodge, roll and flip moves etc etc. SF4 has been the first SF game i've enjoyed since 2Turbo on the Snes and wins over BlazBlue for me but i'm not keen on either of them.

When I was growing up, I had so much trouble playing SSF2 on the SNES. I could never figure out how to do anyone's special moves, and it didn't help that my older sibling would also be cheap whenever we battled. Despite this, I enjoyed SF2 for what it was, and in my brief venture with SSF4, I fangasm'd when I saw the game returning to its roots in SF2. I do understand where you're coming from, either way. :)

Hey Rare! Get on with Killer Instinct 3!!

...I miss KH. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom