• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Bioshock Infinite DLC Revealed! Possible Spoilers Ahead

Hey all, I noticed that no one here made a thread about Bioshock Infinite's DLC that was announced today.

First, there is Clash in the Clouds, which is out now, if I remember correctly. I guess that it's a standard horde mode DLC, where there are four maps and 15 waves of enemies each. Plus each wave has it's own Blue Ribbon challenge, which can be something like "Beat this wave only using a shotgun" or something similar. I guess that you can unlock a special museum type thing that shows concept art and has some character models and such. It's $5.

The other two are actually story based DLC. They are Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea Episodes 1 and 2. I guess that they take place the night that Rapture went to hell. In episode 1, you play as Booker, in his usual run and gun ways, while in episode 2, you control Elizabeth, who relies more on stealth, or so I've read. They will be $15 each, and a release date hasn't been announced as far as I know.

What do you guys think? I'm pretty pumped, myself.

Ganondork

goo
I fully expect these DLCs to be more like System Shock 2 than Bioshock Infinite. We need hacking, security systems, and so forth. And please, no remote-hacking darts.

The trailer for the interested:

[video=youtube;Mv3FhE6_TK0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3FhE6_TK0[/video]

I'm very interested to see what they're going to do with Rapture during it's more civilized stage. For those who are unaware, the game takes place the same day that Atlas led an uprising against Andrew Ryan. In addition, this DLC is meant to be like a noir detective story. I wouldn't be surprised if Booker were to track the gathered information all the way to Atlas' office, much as Diane McClintock stumbled upon. Booker, I'm assuming will be a rough-and-tumble detective who hardly plays by the rules and is brutal in interrogations, while Elizabeth sneaks around to obtain evidence. When confronted, I'd assume she'd be lithe and very swift when fighting.

After a bit of research, I've managed to figure out that hacking will not be returning. While I feel that does take a bit away from the game, I'm still optimistic for this DLC. For anyone who is interested more in finding out about New Year's Eve of 1958, I suggest you pick up the Bioshock novel, "Rapture." It revolves around the stories of Frank Fontaine, Andrew Ryan, Diane McClintock, and Bill McDonagh. Through the points of view of these four, you get a good idea of what events we'll be seeing in Burial At Sea.

All in all, it looks like it'll be a good DLC.

burialheader-664x374.png

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Just as I was ready to sell this game, they release this trailer...

I actually never looked into dlc for this game - as why I was genuinely shocked when I saw it on my YouTube page. It's a pleasant shock, but I guess the ending was meant to be admired for what it was. It's nice that they're going for continuation, and I guess it won't change the story, as if you've completed the game, it really can't.

Nevertheless, if I get this dlc, I'll probably have to replay the original Bioshock at some point, just to get a a better idea of a game I've grown unfamiliar with. Looks quite intriguing to be fair, an updated Rapture? Yes please.

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
There is nothing stopping me from getting this DLC, I can't wait for it! It looks really cool, and genuinely intriguing. I was always going to buy some Bioshock DLC, the type of game that really did leave me wanting for some more! So thank you for offering some more Irrational!

Love the setting, Columbia was pretty great, especially that first time you see it, but Rapture will always have that special place in my heart! :P Can't wait to explore.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This DLC will be true DLC :O :O :O
I must obtain it! Only question is, for which system?

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
Hey guys

Ya know how everyone loved our Disney Princess, Elizabeth, for being the best companion in games by stripping away abilities you could already do in the past games in a copout way to force her to be useful?
But everyone said how mediocre the gameplay itself was for being repetitive war-of-attrition-fare with even less thought required than in the previous?

Yeah?

Well lets take Elizabeth

Uhuh...

AND PUT HER IN THE THE FIRST GAME
except strip away all the atmosphere of rapture by making it have an established civilization

PROMOTIONS FOR EVERYONE

Seriously though it could be neat but... I dunno... I have a bad feeling that, since it's just DLC, they wont fix all the mass amounts of downgrades Infinite made to the gameplay.
Concept already makes more sense and seems more interesting than regular Infinite's concept though from a first impression standpoint.
So who knows.

There is nothing stopping me from getting this DLC, I can't wait for it! It looks really cool, and genuinely intriguing. I was always going to buy some Bioshock DLC, the type of game that really did leave me wanting for some more! So thank you for offering some more Irrational!

Love the setting, Columbia was pretty great, especially that first time you see it, but Rapture will always have that special place in my heart! :P Can't wait to explore.

Same here! I was so excited about BioShock Infinite that I not only pre-ordered the game five months in advance, but I also pre-ordered the Season Pass blindly, not knowing what I would get would be a success or a huge flop. But I trusted Irrational, and I am glad that I did cause that trailer looks amazing! And from all the articles I have read thus far, it seems VERY promising. Plus, they are rebuilding Rapture from the ground up with the new engine... oh man, will it look gorgeous. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom