• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Best Zelda Soundtrack

Best Zelda Soundtrack

• LOZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• Alttp

• LA

• OoT

• MM

• OoS

• OoA

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Aventures

• Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• SS

• ALBW

• Wand of Gamelon

• Undecided

• Total voters

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Zelda is a franchise known for its music. The soundtracks have some iconic and famous pieces. Zelda's lullaby, the main theme, Saria's Song, and many others are staples of video game music. The games also contains dozens of other boss boss battle, background, and player generated themes. From the adventurous sailing music of WW to the classic MIDI of Alttp to the either extremely lazy or extremely clever theme of SS, the soundtracks often define the games in the Zelda franchise.

Which one is your favorite Zelda soundtrack?

I chose Ocarina of Time as the best soundtrack, because although some of its music comes from the first few games, it has so much more original tunes that nearly everyone can identify. It was also such an influential soundtrack on many of the future Zelda games. I think the music for Ocarina of Time is one of the major aspects of what made it such a special game.

Personally, OoT's music is extremely nostalgic for me, and listening to that soundtrack brings so many memories of when I was so much younger. ^^

Zelda 3 SNES. A very average game by LoZ standards but the music is the best of the whole series. Many of the 3D LoZ games base/reuse their music from Zelda 3.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I can't say i normally listen to the music of zelda outside of the games, (unless its a dubstep remix) so i have picked the soundtrack which i think best suits the atmosphere of the game itself. Koji Kondo said OOT's soundtrack was supposed to create a feeling you were actually in those in game places, whether it be a fiery volcano or a terrifying zombie infested well. It worked and when it came to make a sequel he carried that music philosophy over, giving us the soundtrack of MM. I loved the Deku palace theme, Stone Tower Temple theme and Ikana castle themes in that game in particular, all the dungeon music fit perfectly with the dungeons themselves creating the desired atmosphere that I think that the newer Zelda games are lacking a bit.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Gawd, that is so hard. One of the best things in the Zelda series is the music. Every game has some songs that I absolutely love. Serenade of Water in OoT, the Song of Healing in MM, Dragon Roost Island in WW, it's just all so good. Very hard to pick one specific game, but I'd have to go with OoT. Still listen to the music on Youtube sometimes. Makes me nostalgic.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Wind Waker is the first game that comes to mind concerning the soundtrack. It is the only one that I have ever gone to YouTube just to hear one of its fantastic songs. The opening theme is more than enough to bring a smile to my face.

Umm, all of them? I can't decide, but WW, OoT, and MM are definitely up there. And I find myself constantly keeping the volume up as I replay Link's Awakening, and I can listen to the Entrance to the Temple of Time music and the Lost Woods Music with/without Enemies for days from Twilight Princess.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I think the Twilight Princess is absolutely the best. It has some of my favorite dungeon themes (Snowpeak, Water Temple, Hidden Village) and also the best Hyrule Field theme of any of the games~

But...

My favorite individual song from any Zelda game is that magestic musical stallion Minish Woods~

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Ocarina of Time by far has the best soundtrack, but I also love that of Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask has some favourites too. I was disappointed by Skyward Sword to be honest, it could have been a lot better than it was.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Midna's Lament, Zelda's Lullaby, Deku Palace Theme and Ballad of The Goddess have to be my favourite pieces across the LoZ series, which makes it really difficult to determine which soundtrack I prefer but at least helps me narrow down my selection.

Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess have a really dark undertone to the soundtrack which I really like, but Ocarina of Time has me by the nostalgia whenever I listen to it and Skyward Sword's orchestrated music is simply incredible.

Today, I think I'll have to go with Twilight Princess on this one, though if I were to answer this question again tomorrow, I doubt I'd be giving the same answer.

I picked Undecided because every Zelda I've played has music that's always a mixed bag, they all have the Good, the OK and the OMGS this is torture make it stop! I have plenty of favorite tunes though, Song of Storms, Sacred Grove, Palace Theme from AoL, Nayru's Song, Stone Tower Temple, Gerudo Valley but I can't say any of them has the best soundtrack overall.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
When I put on videogame music for writing or doing something else to... it's usually the Shadow of the Colossus soundtrack. When it's not that it's usually the music from Majora's Mask. I've never been good at the actual game, but the music just speaks to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom