• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Supporting Villain

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Ghirahim, Aghanim, Zant, Gerneral Onox, these and others have all fought to destroy Link and plunge the world into evil. Each has fought Link in their own cool way. Each has died only to make way for a greater villain. So tell us, who is the greatest Zelda supporting villain and why?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
You forgot Veran.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to say Ghirahim. I would love to say Zant, as he was just a complete badass in the first half of Twilight Princess, but he basically disappeared on us in the second half until what was basically the end of the game, so I just can't accurately say he was handled as well as Ghirahim was. Ghirahim slowly transformed from a cocksure, yet sophisticated character to a brutal and vicious one, and seeing that transformation across the entire game was really entertaining to watch. Plus, he's just plain FABULOUS. :ghirahim:

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I'd say Aghanim naturally, out of pure love of aLttP, but he wasn't the best, and a pretty generic supporting villain.

I liked Zant as well, but only up until he took his helmet off all the way. That was just weird, and kind of ruined him for me.

So, at this moment, I'd have to say Ghirahim. As I see him at this point in SS, he's got a ton of personality, his fights are reasonably challenging (at least the first one was), and is just so fabulous! :ghirahim:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Long live Zant.

First of all, I said "these and others"which covers Veran and all others.

Zant is the best by far. He devastates Hyrule and terrifies small children playing the game. He even beat Link with one hit. He is imposing and tough, and he is finally revealed to be a big baby at the end. He felt like a real intimidating and involved villain. That's something the others hadn't given us. He actively battles and talks to Link in a manner similar to Ganondorf in OoT. Zant I love you.

Also it should be noted His neck is snapped when Ganondorf died because Ganondorf was ressurecting him.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
It's between Zant and Veran for me. Veran was the coolest and most interactive, but Zant had the most development and character.

Zant. He was interesting in the beginning, but finally broke down at the end. He snapped his neck because I'm pretty sure Ganondorf's life was tied to his, and when he snapped his neak, Ganondorf could die. I'm not sure, but I think that's why.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The greatest supporting villain is undoubtedly the pawn pair -- Onox and Veran -- from the Oracle series. Why do I think that?

Well, they were compelling villains. Onox freaking wreathed destruction for the Seasons, and Link--the player--gets to see that destruction first hand as well as undo it for better or worse. The same goes for Veran; she basically warps time and makes all of the citizens of Labrynna, past or present, become instant slaves. She even manipulates and later possesses the Queen, Ambi, and turns her against her descendent Ralph. Talk about powerful tstuff!

Nintendo, bring the duo back again! :mad:

From a story perspective, I'd go with Byrne for his exceptional character development transforming from a reckless goon loyal to Chancellor Cole to a kind spirited individual willing to sacrifice his life for Link and Zelda to defeat Malladus. Runner up is Ghirahim.

From an aesthetic viewpoint, Zant gets my vote. Although his final ordeal in the Palace of Twilight proved to be disappointing, the mysterious vibe emitted by the Twili king prior was definitely a more mature offshoot for the franchise. Twilight Princess is often bashed for being unnecessarily dark but Zant and the Twili no doubt benefited from this decision.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I would say Zant....

Twilight Princess was certainly the more darker Zelda games and to suit this it had the perfect Villain Zant! It was built up throughout the story, we first saw his command his shadow beasts to raid Hyrule Castle and take over, we would get snippets of Information from Midna and when we first saw Zant face to face it gave that scare factor to a ceratin extent. Especially that weird sceeching noise when we encountered him!

Zant was built to be the perfect Villain and he seemed to be ultimately powerful as we saw in the scene straight after the Lakebed Temple....Zant easily overpowered both Link and Midna and he damaged Midna to the point of near death while setting a curse in Link. We also saw Zant powering up a seemingly dead Dragon with just a sword!

When we were finnaly ready to face Zant I was preparing for an epic battle but Zant went from this seemingly unstoppable and yet scary protagonist to a crazy and power sick man who couldn't stand up to his role! This showed in the fight as he seemed desperate like he knew his time was near an end! Obv we defeated him and it was clear that Ganondorf was not going to save him and Midna easily uses the Fused Shadows in a werid death scene where Zant seemed to inflate and explode :/ Then it's confirmed that Ganondorf was behind all of this but Zant was not done there, Zant seemed to mimic a neck snapping so maybe this was a sign of Zant getting his own back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom