• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Best Opening Gameplay

Your favourite opening in a zelda game

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II: Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• The Minish Cap

• Four Swords adventure

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Other, because I've probably forgot some -.-

• Total voters

Conor

the over analysing guy
What's your particular favourite?
the fast paced opening of Majora's mask, stuck as a deku, seemingly helpless to save the world?
maybe the slow paced, relaxed hour of the likes of twilight princess or the wind waker?
or do you like the open endedness of the first title in the series?
vote for your favourite and discuss why it stands out for you.
Personally I'm torn between the two n64 titles, though vastly different they both do what an opening should: hook you on the game.
PS:this is my first time trying to add a poll to a thread, if there's no poll here ol' Conor has n00bed it up again

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
In Ocarina of Time and others you have to watch what sometimes feels like hours of cut scenes and scroll through chapters of text. Sure, thosegames were generally better but in the Legend of Zelda you can start playing immediately. All you have to sit through is "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." and you have your first sword. Why can't more games be like that? Or at least have skipable cut scenes like Twilight Princess.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I was more referring to the opening gameplay itself, I liked it in Ocarina of time, as after the long cutscenes are out of the way then it kicks off quite fast, the original Zelda did this very well I think, like you say, you can start playing immediately, it's very open ended and you can explore to your hearts content, twilight princess I wasn't a fan of, it starts of quite slow, with herding the goats, and going back and forth into faron woods, the cutscenes were nice the first time around, it's a good thing you can skip them, though.

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, Minish cap had all those scenes. but the opening story got me hooked and captivated, so MC will be my vote.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
Twilight Princess or The Minish Cap. Twilight Princess pulled off the small town start the best with Ordon, Ilia, the children, and the goat herding; but I really loved the idea of Link and Zelda being childhood friends and Link taking her on a "date" to the Picori Festival like in The Minish Cap just because its an aspect we dont really see much. This is one of the reasons I love the Skyward Sword Zelda so much.us

alttp. you wake up with a telepathic message from a girl you never met, watch your uncle die and then have to fight your way through Hyrule castle full of knights.

I think alttp has the most interesting story and immersive game play straight off the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom