• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Nintendo DS Games? (Need Recommendations)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I know this is mainly abt DS games but there are some great Gameboy games you could get for your DS.....The Zelda games such as Minish Cap and A link to the Past, Crash Bandicoot, Mario Kart GBA, Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby....

Buy 999, now.

Yes the game is incredibly terrifying at points and the descriptions of mangled corpses are horrific, but it's a game you don't want to miss. If you're still on edge, then buy the sequel Virtue's Last Reward. The atmosphere is less intense, but the game is bigger and just as awesome.

Or... get both.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Every Pokémon Game Made for DS:

It may seem like a lot of games, and you may have heard strong opinions against recent generations, but DS Pokémon has been some of the best adventures yet. Gen IV - Gen V were loads of fun, and I can guarantee you'll enjoy them thoroughly. You may also enjoy the Mystery Dungeon series, Ranger series, and the Pokémon Conquest series as well. If I had to recommend you one game, it'd either be Pokémon Black, White, or Platinum.

Okamiden:

This game is, IMO, a visually masterpiece. The Sumi-E art style works so well with the concept of the game. The story, following the events of Okami, was very well executed. The relationship and personality between the many characters was portrayed wonderfully, and you'll instantly fall in love with them. I don't give many games a 10/10, but this game deserves it.

Any Kirby Game:

Kirby for the DS turned out to be a huge success, and each game was highly enjoyable. The levels are a blast, and the stories are actually quite cute. My personal favorite Kirby Game released for the DS was Squeak Squad, as it was a great adventure. Loooots of fun!

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
Pokemon soul silver - best pokemon game out there, though R/S/E are good competitors.
If you play both sonic and RPGs, Sonic Chroncicles The Dark Brotherhood is pretty good.
If you play 2D Sonic games then Sonic Rush.
Plants VS Zombies is a good game.
AND OMG, if you played the first two Golden Sun games, then Dark Dawn on the DS is the best choice.
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days

And any Megaman game that let's you play as Zero or Kirby game where you can play as Meta Knight, would probably be pretty good, but I don't know if there are any to mention. (Actually I believe Zero Collection is a DS game, it's good)

LAstly IDk if you played any of the Mana series such as Sword of Mana, which was a good game, but there are two sequels on the DS I don't remember if either of them are any good.

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
I know this is mainly abt DS games but there are some great Gameboy games you could get for your DS.....The Zelda games such as Minish Cap and A link to the Past, Crash Bandicoot, Mario Kart GBA, Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby....

Actually, I've got most of those already... Minish Cap and Mario Kart through the ambassador program, Pokemon Ruby on loan from my friend, and I have a LTTP on VC :P

Buy 999, now.

Yes the game is incredibly terrifying at points and the descriptions of mangled corpses are horrific, but it's a game you don't want to miss. If you're still on edge, then buy the sequel Virtue's Last Reward. The atmosphere is less intense, but the game is bigger and just as awesome.

Or... get both.
This. Though I haven't played Virtue's Last Reward.

But like the person said, the game can be horrifying at times (they're all forced to play a deadly game... deaths can happen), but it is phenomenal. And the graphics aren't too horrifying. From what I've seen so far, anyway. XD I have to finish a few more endings.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I'd suggest the Trauma Center games

I completely and wholeheartedly second this suggestion. This is one of the most underrated game franchises out there. I've only managed to play 4 out of the 5 games that exist because they are extremely difficult to find where I am.

3 are out on the DS and 2 were released for the Nintendo Wii. If you've ever wanted a to role play as a surgeon then these games are definitely for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom