• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Nintendo Controller.

Best Nintendo Controller (Basic models only)

• NES

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • SNES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N64

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Gamecube

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Wii

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Wii U

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
For 2D, the SNES controller. For 3D games, definitely the GC controller.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
For me the NES dogbone controller wins. It was a 100% improvement on the box NES controller. And the precursor of the SNES and future Nintendo controllers. I actually owned one back in the day and after using it, I never went back to the NES box controller again.

552da5c2dbcf30eefef98c93502b0d36.jpg

Runner up goes to the Wii U gamepad. For a TV based controller is it unreasonably large and heavy. And not so suitable. But for off TV game playing it is near perfect. You can rest the gamepad on yourself or a deck or something as you play so it's weight is not an issue for extended periods of play. You can also do this for TV play but it just doesn't work as well.

the toploader nes came out a full two years after the snes. it was a case of the newer system influencing the redesign of the old. if you're looking for the stick that probably had the greatest influence on the development of the SNES controller, it was probably the NES Max pad.

i don't really like the dogbone controllers as they feel miniscule in my hands.

the toploader nes came out a full two years after the snes. it was a case of the newer system influencing the redesign of the old. if you're looking for the stick that probably had the greatest influence on the development of the SNES controller, it was probably the NES Max pad.

i don't really like the dogbone controllers as they feel miniscule in my hands.
I remember owning this controller on it's own and the box for it looked something like this:

nes%20controller.jpg

Are you right about this controller being released after the SNES was out? I just don't remember. It was so long ago.

There was also the NES advantage as well. Sure based on the arcades but also I think helped to influence future controller design.

"i don't really like the dogbone controllers as they feel miniscule in my hands."
You say this and I can agree with you. I have very small hands and the dogbone was a perfect fit for me. Meaning the average sized hand might have found it a little small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom