• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Generation of Link?

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
220px-Legend_of_Zelda_NES.PNG
>>>>>>>>>>>
170px-TwilightPicture.jpg

The Legend of Zelda has had some dramatic changes throughout the series, particularly of what the Hero of Time looks like. But what is your favourite Link? Mine is the TP or HW version of him, he looks very detailed. I would say BotW but I need to play it for myself first when it comes out.

Skyward Sword. Most emotive and really took the winning characteristics of TP, WW and even OoT's links and blended them together into something that looked truly awesome for me.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
Aesthetically, Ocarina of Time Link. Particularly in the 3DS version. It's got my favorite art style overall, and the improvements to the graphics really show in the remake. I love the other art styles too, for many reasons. One of the coolest things about Zelda is that no art style defines it.

Definitely the Hero of Time. I love how much of an influence he's had on the timeline, how he's referenced in some of the games that come after OoT, and the fact that he's the Hero's Shade and mentors TP Link. I really sympathize with that Link, since I think his story is pretty sad.

The Hero of Twilight was easily the most badass version of Link from his looks down to the vibe of his personality. When I got to Ganondorf at the end of OoT, I felt the tension of a decisive battle of good VS evil. In WW when Link faces Ganondorf, I felt a sense of urgency as this powerful full grown male goes toe to toe with an apparently adolescent Link.

With the Hero of Twilight however, I felt like he was the culmination of the Hero of Time's legacy. He was trained by the Hero of Time himself, has the best companion, was able to transform into a wolf, and he just felt badass overall. This time when I got to Ganondorf, I felt a feeling that made me say, "come at me bro!" as the battle commenced. To me, it was all about settling the score once and for all.

D

Deleted member 14134

I give TP link a slight edge over OOT. I think i prefer the darker green of TP and overall the design of the suit was more detailed than any other version. I'm not really a fan of any of the toon styles and Skyward Swords baggy pants look stupid to me. It's hard to judge the BOTW one since I haven't seen him in his regular tunic yet.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I like Link from TP for overall design and look, but SS or WW Link had some of the best facial expressions.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Call me biased, but my favorite Link is from my favorite Zelda game, Majora's Mask. Mainly the child Hero of Time, but the adult is cool too (if you can really call 17 adult...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom