• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Best 3D Art Style

Best art style

• OoT-style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SS-style

• WW-style

• Undecided

• Total voters

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Where the heck is TP? OoT and TP have pretty different art styles.

TP is just OoT with a darker color palette. It's fookin' gorgeous though, and it would be if it were implemented in HD (please Nintendo get the hint).

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I like all of the 3D Zelda art styles. They are all unique, and set the mood of the game. I am not really sure which art style is my favorite. I don't even know which is the best. They all represent their game well, and I guess the art style has to match the game for it to be good. OoT's art style wouldn't really work with TWW, and TWW's art style wouldn't really work with any other Zelda game. It's just really hard to single out which is the best overall.

OoT's art style is the most realistic out of all of them. Of course, Twilight Princess is more realistic, but the dull colors really take the realistic feel away. TP's art style is basically OoT's art style, but better and some how worse. OoT is more colorful and appealing to the eye, but TP is more detailed, but TP is a newer game so it's kind of obvious that it would be more detailed. The art style really fits the game's atmosphere. I couldn't imagine OoT/MM(/TP) with a different art style to be honest. Out of my personal favorite 3D Zelda art style, it's my 2nd or 3rd favorite. I think it's the best art style for the series though.

I adore the cel-shaded art style that TWW has. I don't think it's the best for the series, but without comparing it to other Zelda games, I love it. It was a beautiful world. It's very colorful and stylized. It really fits the mood and atmosphere of the game. I don't think it will ever work with another Zelda game, unless they make a WW styled Zelda game in the future. It's my personal favorite 3D Zelda art style, but I don't think it's the best.

SS's art style looks weird to me. It looks half realistic and half cartoonish. I've never played the game, so I don't know if it fits the mood of the game. I personally don't like it though. It doesn't seem like it fits into the series.

My personal favorite 3D Zelda art style is TWW's, but I feel like OoT's is the best for the series. Just because I feel it's best, doesn't mean it's the best for every game though. It really depends on the mood of the game.

Last edited:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Ummm... Why isn't TP a choice? It is not even close to the same style as OoT...

Anyway, my favorite is gonna have to be SS. I thought this game looked fantastic. It took the best of both worlds- the smooth simple colorful appearance of the wind waker, mixed with the more realistic look of TP. Plus, the watercolor style of the backgrounds is gorgeous.

The one flaw with the SS style....
Linkending.jpg
LINK HAS F***ING JAY Z LIPS

Salem

SICK
Eh I disagree. They're identical. Although there should have been an OoT 3DS option.
What? You think two games are identical in art style but you want the remake of ONE of them to be an option but not the sequel?

They're pretty different, actually. Ocarina of Time would have looked like its 3DS remake had the N64 been able to produce that kind of visual quality.
I don't know, the 3DS remake was done by a different team than OoT, it's hard to imagine what OoT would look like back then if they had the Technology and graphical abilities.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
What? You think two games are identical in art style but you want the remake of ONE of them to be an option but not the sequel?

Eh what? Anyway, yeah, OoT is just a primitive TP...heck, when they were doing a flashback to previous games in the SS trailer, the OoT Link looked 100% identical to TP Link.

Salem

SICK
Eh what? Anyway, yeah, OoT is just a primitive TP...heck, when they were doing a flashback to previous games in the SS trailer, the OoT Link looked 100% identical to TP Link.
You said OoT 3DS needed an option but not TP? Even though you said TP and OOT have identical art styles.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
You said OoT 3DS needed an option but not TP? Even though you said TP and OOT have identical art styles.

Yeah, but OoT 3DS looks pretty different. It's far more colorful and has that...how do I say it..."shiny" look to it.

Salem

SICK
The proportions and dimensions for all 3 games are the same, but OoT 3DS is noticeably more colorful and "shiny" than OoT and TP.
Must be a clearly opinion thing. Because I find TP to looks more different than OOT 3D does from OOT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom