• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Behind the Frozen Waterfall

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
ok so i wasn't sure if this thread classified as a mystery of zelda or as 64-bit zelda, but i always considered the frozen waterfall in zora's domain (as an adult of course) to be somewhat of a mystery.

Back in the day there was quite a bit of speculation about it, some rumors but no one had ever claimed to have gotten behind the ice. I remember when I first saw it, i was all like oh yea, that is so a dungeon back there. Boy was i wrong, no you never get to go back there normally, and at first i was shooting fire arrows at it, and then light arrows. lets just say i tried a lot of things when i was younger.

now i am much older in zelda years and claim to know a few things about it, recently i stumbled on a video on youtube that showed a location in zora's domain that you could clip through the wall, using that the guy reached a part of the domain that was oob (out of bounds). seeing this i realized his route also took him right above the water fall and that by fallowing his example i could jump down behind the ice. After a few tries i was successful, and upon finding out that nothing at all is behind the ice all of my childhood memories of trying to get back there came flooding back.
Now i just feel old hahaha.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Heh, I wondered about the same thing xD
Although I discovered there was indeed nothing there when I came up from the under-the-ice glitch you can do (when you swim up through the Water Temple entrance and out of bounds, and then use the iron boots to float and sink until you're behind the ice blocking the tunnel to zora's domain). I never thought of clipping through a wall xDD

On a similar note, I remember being so sure there was a secret passageway right at the bottom of the pool in zora's domain, I would spend hours trying to dive down and reach it xDD Or jumping off the waterfall with the iron boots on trying to crack the ice~ My dad wouldn't believe me there was something down there, but years later when I got under the ice, I found there was a dark indented section, but it lead nowhere (as though they took it out).
Oh Zora's Domain, how you teased us with your secrets xDD

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
ya that indent you were talking about, it is the same spot that the buddy from the video tries to get to. by clipping he ends up gettin behind that wall here ill post the vid so people can see what your talkin about and what im talkin about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZP3...206D7EC1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=35

anyway when i did the trick it didn't split the camera away from link, i was able to see where i was swimming when i went around the top of the waterfall.

Zarom

The King
Yeah. I too remember trying to break the ice everytime I was in Zora's Domain, when I was younger. I really tought there was something below the ice as Adult Link. First time I got the Fire Arrows, I tought that was the item that could solve it... I tried shooting Fire Arrows at different places until I had no arrows left. -.-

And I finally gave up after trying everything like: jump with the iron boots from the top of the waterfall, using all of my bombs to break the ice, using all of my magic (mostly Din's Fire and Fire Arrows), or trying to make a hole with the Megaton Hammer... >.>

And now I know about the glitch and the secret Nintendo forgot to remove.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
You remind me of myself Raven I also tried to get behind the waterfall as an adult and I just gave up and threw my controller at the wall which was abad idea in the end.

I remeber now I tried bombing it, shot fire arrows at it, and rolled into it (one of those crazy old when you where young ideas that I tied).:lol::lol::lol:

I never suspected there was anything special about the frozen waterfall... :huh:

The very same waterfall can be found as Child Link before Zora's Domain is frozen. As Child Link you can get behind it, and it's just a little alcove. I never thought that there was anything behind it when it was frozen.

Although... those torches back behind the waterfall were odd. I could light them with Din's Fire, but they would always go out. I always wondered why those torches were there... :?

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I never suspected there was anything special about the frozen waterfall... :huh:

The very same waterfall can be found as Child Link before Zora's Domain is frozen. As Child Link you can get behind it, and it's just a little alcove. I never thought that there was anything behind it when it was frozen.

Although... those torches back behind the waterfall were odd. I could light them with Din's Fire, but they would always go out. I always wondered why those torches were there... :?
There are torches all over Zora's Domain, you have to light all of them quickly, I don't remember what you get for it though.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
It's definitely a piece of heart, and also it's interesting to note that when you do get behind the waterfall (again watch the vid but sink down at the end of the waterfall with link facing toward it, when he starts to fall take iron boots off and slash) the torches and chest are gone. obviously the programmers removed them for the adult portion of the game.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Guess they thought it would save memory space if they got rid of stuff the player "shouldn't" see... although ingame who would actually have been able to remove them? ...the zoras were frozen, and didn't seem to mind the torches anyway xD ~inconsistency~

There are torches all over Zora's Domain, you have to light all of them quickly, I don't remember what you get for it though.
I know that, but it always seemed impossible to light them all and the ones behind the waterfall.

Is there a way to do the ones behind the waterfall too?

I know that, but it always seemed impossible to light them all and the ones behind the waterfall.

Is there a way to do the ones behind the waterfall too?

There is - and it's called being really, really quick. You have to light your Deku stick with the torch that's already lit near King Zora's area and run through all the other torches without stopping. To get to the torches behind the waterfall, you have to run across the shallow area of water and along the side of the wall until you get to the alcove. It is hard, it took me quite a few tries.

As for the whole "secret behind the waterfall" thing, I never questioned it, because you go behind there as a child - and there's nothing there besides a chest and a couple of torches. Nothing about the alcove suggested there was anything else there. Although that would have been cool. :D

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I never thought anything about it before. I just figured that since it was frozen, that is was... unspecial. The frozen link between Zora's Domain and Lake Hylia used to intrigue me a lot more, really.
PLus, like others have said, there's not much there as a kid, so I just figured that there was nothing there.

Shnappy

derp
I kind of had a phase where I was obsessed with Zelda glitches and going through the games and pulling them off and seeing what they do. I had heard a lot about this one, as it seemed to be pretty popular. I found that it was extremely hard to pull off, though. But I've done it 2 or 3 times, and I will admit, it's pretty cool. It's a lot of work just to see Link inside ice, being able to move normally, but I found it pretty fascinating, and one of the cooler glitches discovered in this game.

There is - and it's called being really, really quick. You have to light your Deku stick with the torch that's already lit near King Zora's area and run through all the other torches without stopping. To get to the torches behind the waterfall, you have to run across the shallow area of water and along the side of the wall until you get to the alcove. It is hard, it took me quite a few tries.
Seriously? Wow. I never noticed the shallow part. That's got to be nearly impossible... well thanks for telling me! :sweat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom