• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Battlefront 3

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm wary beacuse EA/DICE is doing it, they might add in unnecessary respawn timers and ridiculously large maps...I'm here for the awesome modes, the very simplistic gameplay, and the fun offline time. Still, it's better than nothing so I'm not complaining (yet).

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Difficult to tell due to it being a small clip, but the action looks really cool. Based on that, if I were to guess, EA (or is it Microsoft?) appears to be aiming for a fast-paced, cinematic "shmup" close to the likes of Halo or Call of Duty. Apparently they want to put more emphasis on making it feel like a movie, while the player is in full control of the character and the gameplay scenarios. Neverthless it's still in the early stages of production, and as time goes on more information will be released, so as for now that's my best take on the little bit that was shown. ;)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I can't help but feel that there isn't much to comment on, since that trailer contained **** all for gameplay. Do we know any details? Any at all? I do know that what was originally going to be Battlefront 3 became Battlefront: Elite Squadron on the PSP, but that's it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I can't help but feel that there isn't much to comment on, since that trailer contained **** all for gameplay. Do we know any details? Any at all? I do know that what was originally going to be Battlefront 3 became Battlefront: Elite Squadron on the PSP, but that's it.

Nothing at all except that Battlefront 3 at the very least is going to become something. My problem though is that EA/DICE is doing it which means stupid map packs and stupid DLC that should've been in the game. I'm also worried that they're going to axe Galactic Conquest. The worst thing is that they will prioritize FPS gameplay over the TPS component, as well as graphics over gameplay. Back in my days of SWB1 and SWB2, I did not give a flying rat's *** about the looks of the game, just the structures of the maps and the gameplay. But EA/DICE - known for Battlefield - cares nothing about maps or gameplay and just does graphics/physics. While I appreciate that aspect, there is more than looks.

Also, I hope this title sees Wii U shores or at the very least PS4 shores. I'm sure Microsoft will want to get their mitts on this and while that's anaw esome thing for the XONE, I'm not at all interested in the XONE.

Finally, this game better have offline split screen. That is what sold me on SWB1 and SWB2 and I'll be damned if ****ing EA strips that.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Venti said:
Also, I hope this title sees Wii U shores or at the very least PS4 shores. I'm sure Microsoft will want to get their mitts on this and while that's anaw esome thing for the XONE, I'm not at all interested in the XONE.

If it comes out on the X One, I will flip.

I hope it comes out on the Wii U, as I'm intending to buy it when SSB4 releases. But if it doesn't, that will convince me to buy both the Wii U and PS4.

DarkLink17

Well then
EA better not have screwed this up (fat chance though), but I just want it to have the same magic as the first two. I've been waiting for a sequel ever since I beat #2, and for this long of a wait, it better be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom