• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Battle with Ganon

NotOfThisWorld

previously 'retro.love'
Somehow I found it incredibly difficult to execute the "chance" part of the fight. You know where you hit the A-button, and Link and Gannon clash swords and you push him off to stun him. For some reason every time I tried to do that, I ended up failing at it. Is there a specific way of doing it, or is it literally by "chance"? LOL! No pun intended :P

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think you need to do it so that you jump attack him and are either moving forwards or standing still. I do not think you can do it if you are retreating. Of course I can't be positive on this but give it a go and tell me how you got on.

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Me, I just rolled around and slashed him from the back the entire time XD. I only had to use chance once or twice. I have to say, though, I enjoyed this battle.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
No, it is not chance to get chance. You need to wait till Ganondorf has his sword behind him and starts charging towards you. Then when he's reasonably close, do a jump attck, and you'll be in the chance fight. And by the way, this move is not required to kill Ganondorf.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I never knew ther was a technique to it, I just fought him lol I don't remeber what my technique was. I just assumed that once you damaged him to a certain point i'd happen occasionally, and I never had a problem

NotOfThisWorld

previously 'retro.love'
No, it is not chance to get chance. You need to wait till Ganondorf has his sword behind him and starts charging towards you. Then when he's reasonably close, do a jump attck, and you'll be in the chance fight. And by the way, this move is not required to kill Ganondorf.

Yeah I know it's not required, but I really wanted to try it. But it seemed every time I tried, I could never accomplish it and he'd end up swinging at me and taking off like 2 or 3 hearts.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I used that chance my first time fighting him, and then didnt use it ever again. I find it is much easier to do a Back Slice and then a Great Spin on him. And after that I use the Fishing Rod ;)

Big Octo

=^)
I've never really used the 'Chance' manuever when fighting Ganondorf. Rather, I just spammed the backslice, and though a blow won't always land, it's much more efficient than attacking head-on. If you haven't got this hidden skill yet, I highly suggest you go and learn it. It'll make this battle a breeze.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Using chance and not spamming certain moves is the best way to fight him in my opinion because it is more fun and more challenging. When you see Ganondorf charging at you with his sword positioned like he is going to make a really broad swing and chance appears jump attack and mash the A button (my bro can't beat him because he can press A fast enough). Then you can attack him until he is thrown back.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The method to successfully chancing him is to wait for him to do the running charge and immediately after you see him charging you, L-Target and do a Jump Attack (not Strike). Then mash A as fast as you can, then pummel him. Did you know, if you walk up to Ganondorf then take a couple steps backwards, you can cause his AI to trip out and make him charge you every once in a while. It is the easiest method to looping him IMO.

Fig

The Altruist
I really liked the battle with Ganondorf! It was pretty intense for me, which is why I still remember that battle perfectly! When the swords clashed together, I literally button smashed the A button so hard, the "A" was imprinted on my thumb. :xd: :lol:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I really liked the battle with Ganondorf! It was pretty intense for me, which is why I still remember that battle perfectly! When the swords clashed together, I literally button smashed the A button so hard, the "A" was imprinted on my thumb. :xd: :lol:

When I was doing a three heart/timed run of Twilight Princess, I was trying to hit the button so quickly without looking that I accidentally hit the power button on the Wii remote instead, and the game turned off. It was really late at night, too, so I kind of gave up after that. XD

I really like this battle, haha, but I've alwas had problems with the "Chance" too. I just get as close to him as I can and try to slash him from behind. Great Spin is really useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom