• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Batmafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Because I benefit from it and I can use it to give information that can probably be used to help solve the game.
Don’t see how that’s concerning, as a one shot it gave just as much use this way? Your ability is most beneficial if abilities are unlimited, but as one shots it doesn’t do much except concentrate abilities. Like I get that it’s frustrating for you, but don’t see the problem in people saving their abilities or using them elsewhere.

I think Rag or KoD are solid Lynch options today, though I’m leaning towards Rag because funnier was pretty gun-ho about lynching them. @Morbid Minish You would know better than me, do you think scum funnier would push scum KoD?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
@Morbid Minish You would know better than me, do you think scum funnier would push scum KoD?

Unfortunately that's something I'm not sure about. They have a history that involved them (along with Ex) being scum together and funnier and Ex literally outted themselves to keep KoD after a bunch of stuff happened in scumchat. So funnier would probably be a lot happier if he didn't have to deal with KoD at all.

But I also kinda think that he would at least try to play normally because he wants to win.

KoD does seem a bit different to me this game. He was more aggressive in the other game. But I don't know his town game. @Saint Bik would know better what his town game looks like.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Don’t see how that’s concerning, as a one shot it gave just as much use this way? Your ability is most beneficial if abilities are unlimited, but as one shots it doesn’t do much except concentrate abilities. Like I get that it’s frustrating for you, but don’t see the problem in people saving their abilities or using them elsewhere.

I think Rag or KoD are solid Lynch options today, though I’m leaning towards Rag because funnier was pretty gun-ho about lynching them. @Morbid Minish You would know better than me, do you think scum funnier would push scum KoD?
I'd rather have two cop results than one and know for sure that the first cop result is definitely real.

If anyone wants their ability to be verified, they can target me. I'm also fine being lynched later to clear everyone who targeted me if we can use that to brute force the PoE to narrowly enough that they can't out-NK confirmed town before we kill all potential scum.

Unfortunately that's something I'm not sure about. They have a history that involved them (along with Ex) being scum together and funnier and Ex literally outted themselves to keep KoD after a bunch of stuff happened in scumchat. So funnier would probably be a lot happier if he didn't have to deal with KoD at all.

But I also kinda think that he would at least try to play normally because he wants to win.

KoD does seem a bit different to me this game. He was more aggressive in the other game. But I don't know his town game. @Saint Bik would know better what his town game looks like.
I wasn't sure how to read Funnier's state at the beginning of the game because he was reluctant to join, but I did kind of get the vibe like "maybe this is what it's like when funnier ends up randing scum with KoD again". I feel like in basically any other situation he'd have had a bit more vigor in his KoD lynch attempt.

Vote: KoD

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
@Everyone:

Here's my plan.

We have 2 semi-confirmed town in minish and kilza. If literally any scum flips, we're good with both of them. If either of them die, the other is auto-confirmed.

We have one pseudo-confirmed town in Johnny. If a godfather flips, he's fully confirmed, but he's currently at the bottom of the PoE[1] pile otherwise.

I'm willing to die to expand our PoE to prove people have roles that are less likely to be scum if targeted properly by obvious town roles. If anyone has any such roles, feel free to target me with them (particularly protective roles) and I can use them to confirm you as a lower priority lynch. If I'm nk'd, that's one less person who we'd have to lynch in the PoE and we've still got 2-3 "confirmed" town to work with, and if I'm not killed we potentially can confirm more town players.

PR's should also consider protecting any of the three "confirmed" town as well, even though hitting me is also a useful strategy for earning their own town-pants. The less choreographed our actions are, the better. There's a decent chance a PR can stop the nk which helps prevent us from losing confirmed town needlessly in the night.

[1]PoE: Process of Elimination: This basically means the people who could plausibly be scum. Narrowing the PoE basically means trying to get a smaller and smaller window of suspects.

I'm hurt that you think that is a good catch Rag.

While this analogy isn't exactly mirror, claiming I'm posturing for reading Minish as such due to Funnier's and Ex's flip reeks of Pot meet Kettle.

The reasoning I put forth was strictly based off of what happened. Funnier did interact a lot with Minish and Ex. Ex flipped town. Minish, by extension, is town. It's not a hard confirm, and I could be horribly wrong; however, it is something that I can work with. Given the claim made today by Kilza, I'd say I was fair to assume what I did based on the interaction.

Now for the mirror part. I read Minish as town based off of Funnier's flip and interactions. All that while never mentioning them before (even though it is an analysis of a scum flip). It would truly be a mirror if you were town reading me out of nowhere, but (and I'm referring back to a read list you did) you wolf leaned me without any prior mention out of anywhere (this as opposed to a null read).

Now, you're picking at posts I've made after the fact to assert your established wolf read on me.

And you have no right to talk about bad posts Mr. I'm going to hijack the claim D1 to claim I'm a miller when you're not the focus.

There's virtually no need for me to posture, if Funnier is my scum buddy, because there's nothing to be gained from it. I don't clear myself in any meaningful way. Indeed, talking about Fun's flip only draws attention to me (which is evident based on what is happening).

@Jonny:

The scum lean on you was purely off of whatever it was you posted that had my attention. All I did was read some posts and made assumptions about some of you. Some are wrong (like being wrong about you and Kilza due to what was claimed more or less). Some was right in a way (referring to Minish here).

@Saint Bik:

Funnier having vigor (or a lack thereof) for lynching me should be NAI. If you assume he wants to win, he's going to want to (as town) search for a reason to view me as mafia/scum before pushing my lynch. As scum, that's a coin toss. He certainly liked having me removed so he could continue to play (though circumstances nixed that).

All I can really say is that I was wrong in town reading him (thus his surprise I imagine), and aside from the one response towards me town reading him, he never interacted with me. He only interacted with others concerning me, and even then nothing serious.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
@Saint Bik How do you feel about Rag? You know how to read her pretty well and her lack of presence concerns me.

I kinda feel like KoD is town. He seems pretty different here to me than in ms paint. He's less aggressive and seems more analytical. I butted heads with him pretty strong at the beginning of ms paint, but I feel less frustrated by him this game. Seems as though he's trying to help town and not cause chaos. I mean I know Rubik and Rag know him better than I do, but I just feel there are better options today.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I could vote Rag probably, yeah.

I'd rather we were work out who we're going to lynch sooner rather than later so we can get softs from them if they have a verifiable role through me.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
To be clear, I can tell when Rag is definitely town because it means a strong game commitment, but when rag is low energy it can point to either alignment, even if it's more likely to be scum than the average player.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Is nobody else concerned by the statement? Funnier flipping wolf makes you wolf read minish? Despite the fact that they were p much working together the entire day? That read feels incompatible with history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom