• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I gotta say, you played a great scum game this time @Libk. That fake claim was risky, but could have won you all the game if the other two had lived longer. I'm not familiar with the lie detector role, so it kinda threw me off a bit.

I almost targeted Bok last night, and had originally sent that in as my night action, but luckily I changed my mind and decided to holster. I thought Bok was Godfather showing as innocent to investigation, but then realized the last mafia could have been using one of the other mafia member's roles to their advantage. I originally thought it could've been Storm claiming Dom's roleblocks as his own. Especially since Storm said he blocked Mezlo the night he died, when Mezlo said he was going to target Dom if funnier flipped scum. I thought that maybe Dom had blocked Mezlo so he didn't die and Storm (as godfather) had to come up with some excuse as to why he decided to block Mezlo. So I was on the right track, just the wrong person/claim.

I'll admit, this wasn't my greatest game. I think I was a little too focused on ALIT at the beginning, because I felt he was too suspicious. Which, I was correct about that, but he wasn't as big a threat to town as mafia was. I also just didn't want to believe that Dom and Funnier were mafia together in back to back games, or that both of them would be mafia in every game they've played so far. Haha.

I tried to give a really subtle soft claim at the end of the previous day, but it obviously didn't work. Though no one would've thought I was vigilante anyways, since I was the back up before that.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Also, I just want to say that I think this is an example of a game that was won by claims. I think Libk could've won if process of elimination wasn't available, and Alit wouldn't have needed to claim. I'm all for people claiming, I mean I did it myself, and Libk's fakeclaim was good, but I think there was way too much claiming towards the end. That's why I put a strict limit in my games, because I think claiming is what sealed the town's victory in this game.
yes but I think that this claiming culture is then rather something of ZD as a whole. To be fair, you were the first to claim this game, and it was not particularly more necessary than any of the other claims. Now, this is not an attack on you. Actually, I do not think that this game was won by claiming, it was not out of ordinary so I did not find your claim destructive at all. But considering that many of us want to get rid of this claim culture, I think we should acknowledge that it's a thing that all of us contribute to

As usual, Pendio games deliver. Thank you for modding, Pendio. I had a lot of fun with this set-up. As Eduarda said, the plethora of killing roles in this game gave it a unique flavor and a faster pace than most games. I think things played out well as they did, but there was a scenario where this game was very unbalanced and could have ended on night 2 with two mislynches and three shots onto townies during the nights. Thankfully, that did not transpire.

Commenting about my own play, I think I did well. I could have played a cleaner game, but a strategy that gets a win as third party is a good one. I can understand why a lot of people would have killed me if they were still alive, but I took a bet on claiming because I thought that Storm would have my back at the very least. He seemed obsessed with finding out who the serial killer was so I took a gamble that I could get at least one more town player to side with me, and I'm glad Bok prioritized the final mafia over me when it came down to it.

With respect to my shots, I have absolutely no regrets with killing Eduarda night 1. As I said earlier, I wanted to get you off my butt! Plus, I think it helped town see that the wagons were town/town on Day 1 with seemingly everyone believing Mezlo was town. The shot on kokirion was probably my most questionable, but his role may have hurt my chances of winning the game, so I got lucky with that one. The kill on Minish_Link is a symptom of a larger underlying problem I have in mafia games: Confirmation bias. Her posts were good, and they read like she was trying to solve the game, but once I saw Domo flip red and only Minish and Bok were unclaimed, I could only focus on shooting one of them. Libk wasn't even on my mind. Ironically enough, I agonized over that last shot until less than 24 hours ago, while my better shots (for me at least) were ones I submitted very shortly after the end of the day. At the very least, I hope to take this as a learning experience and try to view the game from a different perspective than the one I'm set on.

I've already praised Libk for his scum performance, but I wanted to briefly touch on the others. I think Domo has a lot to learn, but he can certainly become a good player if he joins more games. The Serial Killer fake claim was pure desperation. Seeing Libk's fake claim, I hope he's inspired to come up with some creative town roles of his own if he's ever put into a similar situation in the future. As for funnier, I feel his performance was underrated. He didn't carry the game, but he held up for a very long time on Day 2. Only with an extension did we truly come to a consensus to lynch him.

As for the town, I have to roast you guys a little for your Day 1. There were four townies voting off the top two wagons or not voting at all! After that, however, I feel this was a strong town group. I was surprised that EMIYA Shirou was able to nail Domozilla so early on despite not having the highest thread presence himself. Thareous still has it after all these years. Minish admitted to being off her game this time around, but I feel she did a good job of trying to analyze the situation and still ended up on the correct wagons later in the game. Miss Cucco appears to be very new to forum mafia, so I commend her for staying alive so long and claiming when she did. It allowed us to nail Domo and ultimately narrow down the PoE quite a bit. Last but not least, I think Bok carried the last day by pointing out why Libk's claim was fake with his notingt that the mafia could have easily role copped Mezlo to discover his claim was fake, allowing Libk to come up with a "lie check".

Very fun game, and I'm hoping we can get more games like this in the near future. Probably my favorite game since Deku's TF2 mafia last year, and I'm glad I finally got the opportunity to play as a serial killer.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
yes but I think that this claiming culture is then rather something of ZD as a whole. To be fair, you were the first to claim this game, and it was not particularly more necessary than any of the other claims. Now, this is not an attack on you. Actually, I do not think that this game was won by claiming, it was not out of ordinary so I did not find your claim destructive at all. But considering that many of us want to get rid of this claim culture, I think we should acknowledge that it's a thing that all of us contribute to
My problem, in this game in particular, was that towards the end, everybody claimed seemingly because it would leave one man standing, which isn't a fair way to win. I claimed for an entirely different reason, as did Libk, and I think it's claims like that which are OK. When it's the last day and literally every townie, and even the SK, has claimed, it leaves the mafia completely open and they have no chance to defend themselves. That's the problem I have with claiming, and it's for that reason that I do believe this game was won by claims. Because if less people had claimed, Libk would've had a chance to defend himself and survive, but as it was, he had no chance. That's where my problem with claiming lies. I think the last 3 town claims were entirely unnecessary and rather unfair, but that's just my opinion.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've already praised Libk for his scum performance, but I wanted to briefly touch on the others. I think Domo has a lot to learn, but he can certainly become a good player if he joins more games. The Serial Killer fake claim was pure desperation. Seeing Libk's fake claim, I hope he's inspired to come up with some creative town roles of his own if he's ever put into a similar situation in the future. As for funnier, I feel his performance was underrated. He didn't carry the game, but he held up for a very long time on Day 2. Only with an extension did we truly come to a consensus to lynch him.
In fairness to Domo and funnier, they've been scum in the only games they've played here, so it's really hard to learn how to play scum properly without being able to play against a good scum team and observe what they do. I actually think they both did fairly well considering this fact. It's never easy trying out something new and immediately being thrust into one of the most difficult positions, especially when that happens three times in a row.

D

Deleted member 14134

Good game everyone. Around day 3 i started thinking the only way for mafia to win was to fake claim and get away with it and it worked for awhile for Libk. I still feel that it would be very hard for mafia to win especially given one player is new and one is playing his second game on this site. So you did pretty good making it this far.

As for the town, 3 scum hits in 3 lynches, not bad when we actually came to a conclusion.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
umm... day isn't over until Pendio says it is... or the game until Pendio says it is. so thanks for breaking all the rules, guys

Reactions: Pen

funnier6

Courage~
I needed domo to be alive to make anything work. But there was no way to save either domo or funnier. That said, my day one activity still not reflective of my alignment, for those who thought it was.

Storm I'm assuming you're Toph and that's why you were on me so much. It would make sense. I gambled even making the lie detector claim. There was only one character who would fit it and I knew she was bound to be in the game. It was just a matter of someone calling me out on the claim. I was so surprised Mezlo accepted it so quickly. As you kept saying you didn't believe my claim, I just had this feeling.

Domo, funnier, you guys have a lot to learn and unfortunately I don't think I could provide the teachings to you. To be honest, I was just shaking my head in uncertainty when it came to trying to think of wa us to help you guys. Domo could have counter claimed storm, but it would have bought some time and that's it. Funnier... I'm not sure what could have been done. If I were town you guys were certainly on my radar too. It's tough playing scum back to back as well, I know. There was no way to defend you guys publicly, even after I claimed. It would be too easy. I think it's just that you guys are newer that it's a lot easier to read you.

ALIT, we had you pegged as possible SK pretty early on. We just wanted your kills to help us get closer to win. I know how hard it is to win as that role. You saw me nearly do it in Korra 2. Congrats to you, though tbh your version of the role is a little easier to win with.

I also feel night scene flavor did me in on this one slightly, but meh. If it wasn't for Ozai clearly being in the game, I was going to say I must have been blocked but I tried to read bok like asked. Try to say there must not be a godfather in the game. It also probably would not have lead to a win, as I would have just been lynched next day after we lynched you, ALIT.

But gotta deal with the cards I was dealt. I'm glad I was able to at least make it this far. Especially on such a ballsy claim. And no offense to Funnier and Domo, but I feel that if I had more experienced team members, we might have been able to Sherlock it.

Mezlo, we did in fact investigate you night one. I didn't believe your claim. Funnier wanted to investigate elsewhere but I said I wanted you checked. Vengeful seemed out of place with the theme and to me it felt you were just trying to survive. Like you said later after I called your claim out, I could tell you were trying to keep mafia off of you. I wanted to know why. In a way, it was your fake claim that lead to mine. It took me hours to find a post I could twist into a lie detector check gone right. So I want to thank you for providing me with best fake claim 2k17

It seems I am once again admitting defeat. At least not because of a mistake. I played well this game unlike the last where I didn't think to make sure night actions went through proper.

Vote: Libk

Hey, I was going to post a super long post about why we did what we did.

So I always knew I was the most expendable, my goal was to make it to night 2, after we found out Mez was vig I actually thought he was SK for a minute because I thought he killed eduarda, since I thought that was an extremely untowny kill. So I used that initial impression to hound Mez as though I had a red check (and how ironic we should be Azula and Zuko!)

Libk maj'd me against my wishes but I minish was really the last nail in the coffin. I was pretty beyond saving, and tbh saving me didn't matter, saving dom was what mattered, and his stupid phone died before he could counter claim.

Btw ALIT I was onto you almost the whole game, we would've killed you night 2 but libk thought Mez was too scary.

I was saying to myself on day 1 wow this is going so well, so I knew day 2 would be a disaster and sure enough bok practically solves the game on the spot.

I had serious TMI problems when they kept theorising about impossible scenarios (storm and EMIYA) cause I wanted to be like NO

I had fun playing with you guys and I hope you had fun playing with me :P

funnier6

Courage~
I have a general policy to believe softclaims, and I thought Lie Detector was a role that was feasible to be in this game. However, it was after funnier flipped Role cop that I realized Libk had a good chance of lying, since I would have been a good night 1 role cop target, and I'm surprised nobody actually caught on faster. Also, I started hitting myself after I died because something didn't add up, and I realized the post Libk quoted when he said I was lying was not a direct statement, and therefore would not have been valid in a lie detector test. It was odd that you picked that post though, because in a later post in day 1 I flat out said I was vengeful. Once I caught on to that, I had Libk caught. And, to be completely honest, I'm surprised that little detail went overlooked for so long. I thought at least somebody would've noticed that flaw.

I'm happy with my reads this game overall. I successfully read Eduarda and Kokirion as town, funnier and Domo as scum, and Alit as anti-town. The game would've ended sooner if Storm hadn't roleblocked me (btw you have no idea how salty I am about that XD), since I did indeed target Domo night 2.

Libk, you played well. Ironically, though, it was your claim that made me catch you as scum. If you hadn't claimed the way you did, I would've thought you were town through the end. Also, @A Link In Time, if I was alive I probably would've Vig killed you after your claim, just so you know. I don't trust third party, no matter how much they may seem like they want to help the town, in the end they're playing for themselves.

Overall, this was a fun game. For all who were wondering, I was planning my Vengeful claim from the start, and was playing scummy on purpose too. If Libk hadn't forced me into claiming (:ananger:), I think I could've kept playing it out and sniped the mafia from the side, but oh well. I enjoyed the time I spent in this game, and I also enjoyed my first ever go as Vigilante! Thanks for a great game, Pendio! :)

Oh um, about that Mez, we role blocked you as well so no need to blame storm :D

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
@kokirion You've got some 'splaining to do, bub. 1. You killed your pet lemur and 4. you stopped me from leading the Town to victory. What do you have to say for yourself? :P

---

This was a fun game. Gotta say, the highlight for me was calling Miss Cucco out for softclaiming Mason, even though I didn't really get any scummy vibes from it. But I intentionally used it to my advantage while trying to appear ambiguous and seek out some scum. When kokirion and Alit eventually tried to crack down on me, I knew that I'd come off as scummy, but I had been dropping bread crumbs along the way. The best part is that Miss Cucco never blew my cover or denied the softclaim; kudos for sticking with it.

Pendio, if retiring from mod means that your games get even better after this, then I'll join every one of them.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 4 Final Vote Tally:
Libk - 3 (Storm, Bok of the Wild, A Link In Time)

Not voting - Libk, Miss Cucco

It did not take long before they had decided whom to lynch. No later than 12 o’candle that day did they have Libk in cuffs and brought him up to the top of the great wall for execution. An unexpected smile appeared on Libk's face right before he broke free from the handcuffs with his sheer strength. He then prepared to blast everyone around him with a powerful fire attack, but luckily all of the others were ready for it, so before Libk could deal any damage he was attacked from four directions at once; Bok of the Wild sent a wave of water at him, Storm threw his trusty boomerang, Miss Cucco tossed a large boulder, and A Link In Time threw his two swords at Libk. Even after those attacks Libk was still standing, but he seemed to be losing his balance.

“This can't be happening…” he mumbled. Thereafter he fell backwards off the edge of the wall. The Fire Lord had been defeated. Ba Sing Se and the rest of the world was saved.

Libk was Ozai, the Godfather.

Victory goes to the Town and the Serial Killer!

The living (4):
Bok of the Wild - Katara, the Doctor
Storm - Sokka, the Roleblocker

A Link In Time - Jet, the Serial Killer
Miss Cucco - Toph, the Cop

The dead (9):
DekuNut - Appa, a Mason (killed night 1)
Eduarda - Iroh, the Firesmith (killed night 1)

funnier6 - Azula, the Mafia Role Cop (lynched day 2)
EMIYA Shirou - Momo, a Mason (killed night 2)
kokirion - Aang, the Jack-of-all-trades (killed night 2)
Mellow Ezlo - Zuko, the Vigilante (killed night 2)

Domozilla777 - Zhao, the Mafia Roleblocker (lynched day 3)
Minish_Link - Suki, the Backup [turned Vigilante] (killed night 3)
Libk - Ozai, the Godfather (lynched day 4)

Congrats to the winners, and really well played everyone! Thank you all so much for playing! I had a lot of fun creating and hosting this game. I hope you all had a good time playing. I'll share the night actions and role PMs shortly. ;)

kokirion

@kokirion You've got some 'splaining to do, bub. 1. You killed your pet lemur and 4. you stopped me from leading the Town to victory. What do you have to say for yourself? :P

---

This was a fun game. Gotta say, the highlight for me was calling Miss Cucco out for softclaiming Mason, even though I didn't really get any scummy vibes from it. But I intentionally used it to my advantage while trying to appear ambiguous and seek out some scum. When kokirion and Alit eventually tried to crack down on me, I knew that I'd come off as scummy, but I had been dropping bread crumbs along the way. The best part is that Miss Cucco never blew my cover or denied the softclaim; kudos for sticking with it.

Pendio, if retiring from mod means that your games get even better after this, then I'll join every one of them.
hahaha : P I knew that question was gonna come.
I was a JOAT of course, and choosing my action that night was a hellish decision. Basically, I could've protected, roleblocked or killed someone. I considered protecting Mex, but I expected the mafia to have a strongman kill or something, and if the doc was going to protect him, mine would be useless. I prefered to save my protection till after the doc dies and the mafia thinks they have a free kill. Roleblocking was pointless, I could have tested it on someone to see if a kill got blocked... but I figured the game was too short. So I decided to kill, especially because I was expecting to be a nightkill target myself sooner or later.
I considered killing you or ALIT. Perhaps I found ALIT more suspicious than you, but I chose you because I considered you the most difficult target in the game to get lynched. I honestly thought you were playing a bit scummy. I listed you as neutral since the beginning, but at the end of that day my opinion about you changed. First of all, the fact that you did not vote on day 1, I found that a scum-tell. Not proof, but it caught my eyes. I didn't like your response (neither did I like funnier's response. He apologised too quickly, which can be a scumtell), it was a little bit a cocky answer of you. Lastly, I started to consider the possibility that you attempted to buddy me. I don't recall you have ever said something negative about me, asked for my opinion etc. and knowing myself, I am such a strategy-minded person that I automatically (regardless of my alignment) look for strategic allies etc. so if that would have been deliberate buddying, it could actually work on me. But I am aware of that flaw of me, so I forced myself to doubt you more and wondered if you were aware of that as well.
Again, on turms of scumminess I would have preferred killing ALIT. But if you were mafia, it would be such a pain in the ass to try to lynch you if I ever would have had to. None of my reasons for killing you were solid enough to build a strong case against you anyway. Your play did not give much away, it would have been hard, regardless of your alignment. I considered you a fair target.

However, I COMPLETELY MISSED that you soft claimed mason! I never noticed that. Ridiculous! I was always up to date and read all posts of all individual players back. Perhaps I missed it because of my time-zone. When I woke up, there were usually some 6 pages to catch up. That makes it easier to overlook something. And maybe precisely that day I was busy or something. Had I read that, I would not have killed you. so... my bad :senpaipls:

kokirion

I really should have killed ALIT......

On day 1 I attempted to buddy Eduarda to have a reliable town partner. I did everything I could to save her ass day 1 (which was hard! Thank you for that Eduarda!) because I was gonna check her role on night 1.

then ALIT sniped her.... gone my partner. gone my only investigative action.

Night 2 I doubt between EMIYA and ALIT. I kill EMIYA, a townie, and ALIT kills me..

I never forget

funnier6

Courage~
Are you telling me storm was seriously Sokka? Such rigged.

Are we allowed to release the mafia chat? I think it would make good reading.

I had every role figured out except Suki, so that was a nice surprise, though if I could've picked any role I would've picked Azula so I'm happy. :P

Reactions: Pen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom