• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

At what point does a hard game stop being fun?

S

skullkidsreveng

When it gets final level of ninja gaiden 2 hard...

M

Myungster

A game isn't fun anymore when you throw [insert expensive item here] at the wall.

That reminds me of I Wanna Be The Guy...
Oh, wow.
I searched it on Wiki, and I knew the game was based upon complicated patches of SNES + NES.
One of them was Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts.
Also featuring LoZ, Megaman, Super Mario, Tetris, and Metroid.

If you haven't tried this game and you seriously have nothing better to do, download it here... No Emulation required; http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/downloads.php

The only 2 things that kept me playing were the awesome levels (Some are funny XD)
And the amazing Bosess; Mike Tyson, Mecha Birdo.
I won't get into details. Just try it for yourself.

I laughed when this happened to me:

Matthew_79;
Go play "I Want to be the Guy" (google it)
and that cat mario game (Syobon)... but thats easyish because of infinte lifes, still unforgiving.

So I'm not the only one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kybyrian

A game that is too hard stops getting fun right away, because typically when a game is too hard you can't progress through the first part of the game and then you get mad and it's not fun to play anymore. I've only had a few experiences where a game has been so hard that it makes me lose all desire to play it any further.

I attempted to play battle toads just resently. I can only get to lv 3 w/o cheating.
With cheating, it still kicks my ***....hard. :(

For me its when one plot ends and another, more deep plot begins. take Zelda, Twilight Princess for example. It was really fun going through the Forest and Kakariko and the Lake for the first time in the game. Once the new plot saying that you should find the Triforce, i kinda said to myself that I dont want to do this. Once I figured out that the mirror of Twilight was split, I just wanted to stop playing. Just get the game over with. dont forget when you had to search for the sky. That was really ocward. so ya, thats what i think.

I think a hard game stops being fun when it goes Mario Kart on you and the computer goes:

Power = OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it cheats.

Games also stop being fun if my brother is playing, no matter what the usual difficulty level is, because he goes:

Power = OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he wins. Always. I think he is a computer...

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
I actually have a pretty low-tolerances for difficulty in games, mostly because I have a short attention span, so if I cant' get any further I get quickly frustrated and bored. XD

BUT, you know I mostly get over it.

What I really can't stand is when I game is difficult simply because controls/gameplay/take your pick was executed poorly. Great example of this is the Orange Dance in Okami, you either get it or your stuck forever at that part. It was both difficult in the PS2 and (I hear even more so) Wii version, though I can't even imagine trying to do it in the Wii version as it's so incredibly picky.

I'm a huge fan of Okami too, it's just that part of the game was ridiculous. x.x It was even at like the very beginning of the game for goodness sake!

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
actually this is a tough question.
I personnaly like games with a high difficulty.
But yeah, if a game is really really difficult at some point that you replay over and over again, and then you get really frustrated, then it gets annoying. But then again it depends if you enjoy the game or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom