• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animal Crossing Aspects of AC-NH you don’t like or find dumb (spoilers)

Threads relating to the Animal Crossing series.
Mid tier tools have 100 uses in them. No idea if misses count for their durability but it shouldn’t be too hard to use your best judgement on when to recustomize.
I think misses do not count as I've not had a single tool break on a miss. I've had almost 100 tools break so far.
We don't know if:
Misses don't count . . . or . . . misses do count but they ust break on your next successful use.
I think it's the former though but that's just a guess.

Quin

Disaster Master
its 30 bugs and 30 fish for rods.
probably 30 or less balloons for the slingshot. Misses don't count for these 3
For shovel and axes its 100 or something. Misses don't count but hitting a tree or rock without any result does. digging stuff up with the shovel also counts.

PRO TIP: keep breaking flimsy axes, don't use the upgrade. Hell, even use flimsy axes on rocks. You'll miss out on one resource but you can switch back to shovel once you get *something*

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I wish that everything could just open at the same time. You have the start of a new day at 5am, which is when the Nook Miles and Shopping update. But then Nook's Cranny doesn't open til 8am. And then Able Sisters shop opens at 9am. Not to mention turnips are only sold from 5am to 12pm.

I don't necessarily mind the day wait for upgrades and stuff, but I don't understand the weird timing on all of that other stuff. It would be nice if things were open all day and just updated at the start of a new day.

I wish that everything could just open at the same time. You have the start of a new day at 5am, which is when the Nook Miles and Shopping update. But then Nook's Cranny doesn't open til 8am. And then Able Sisters shop opens at 9am. Not to mention turnips are only sold from 5am to 12pm.

I don't necessarily mind the day wait for upgrades and stuff, but I don't understand the weird timing on all of that other stuff. It would be nice if things were open all day and just updated at the start of a new day.
In previous AC games the upgraded shop does that but as you said it's weird here because we get it initially then it's taken away from us. A weird choice to take away 24 hour shopping from us.

I agree with your frustration totally as it's almost no different to stashing it all in your house and selling it the next morning. Just oneless stepin the process to have the shop open 24 hours.

I guess I'm posting in this thread a lot and it may sound like I don't like the game but I do. But.

If they had to nerf grumpy villagers' personalities, and then make Resetti optional in New Leaf because they were "offensive" then they are choosing for the player what is offensive, or are only catering to a certain type of offensiveness. I just met the worst NPC today and it's not a villager. The fact they're like worried about offending people but introducing characters like the one in question, is really bizarre and if they're gonna have an option to censor or block certain characters at the player's choice, they should make it something all main cast characters are subject to. This character genuinely makes me uncomfortable on such a deep level, I don't think I've ever felt this degree of discomfort for a character in my life.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I just discovered the second thing that made me angry about this game; the campsite. Today was the first time I've ever had someone visiting in it since the first required one. That's like, at least two weeks. He was a smug villager, so you'd think fortune was smiling upon me because that's the last missing villager type in my town. But after finally beating him in a card game after trying for half an hour, I discover that you can't choose the villager they replace. What kind of absolute ****ing nonsense is that??? He wanted to replace Dizzy, so no **** no absolutely not. I wanted to pick Rodeo because out of the three lazy villagers, he's the one I care for least. Dizzy is my favorite villager in the series and I went through too much to find him, I refuse to lose him. Why on earth can't I pick who the campsite mover replaces? What in the world made them think it was a good idea to set it up that way, especially when you have that kind of control over most everything else in the game? I am seriously angry about this. Now, the only way I'm gonna get a smug villager is if I forcibly kick Rodeo out and search randomly on island tours. When I did that with Pietro, I spent 12 tours and didn't find a single one, and ended up taking in Dizzy instead. I don't want to go through that again. This seriously blows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom