• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Artwork and Music

Okay i personally have all the skyward sword songs on my ipod (at least the more used ones) and i've redrawn a lot of the artwork in my spare time and i thought it's really beautiful! i think Koji Kondo did a great job with music and they are all so unique and special and only have a few seconds of similarities. What did you think? and about the artwork, did you like it? the design of skyloft, faron woods ect.?

Last edited:
The Ballad of the goddess was amazing...but I dunno..some of the scores seemed a little dry...like Konda had put more in Galaxy than this. But I really liked the new art style. It was just pretty:)*dream face*

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
Being a music lover I had high hopes for Skyward Sword's music, but I was kinda disappointed. None of the music really stood out too me, but the more I play it, the more it starts to grow on me.

Aside from the ballad of the goddess (which had to grow on me over a period of months) i didn't really like the music in SS, WW and OoT will forever be my two favourites. Though much like how the Ballad of the Goddess was zelda's lullaby backwards, the music that played while you rode your loftwing sounded a bit like the Ocean theme from Wind Waker and i wondered if SS's flying theme was the ocean theme backwards too but i dont think it is.

Graphically, Nintendo did themselves proud with the way they carved the emotion into Link's face (though SS link still looks a little 'off' to me and his voice doesn't suit him, too deep i think) but personally, (and i dont know how they could have done it) i would like to have seen SS's graphics to look more like the artwork on the box and posters since i really loved that style, i was kind of gutted when the game didn't look the same, it would have been quite a graphical revolution if it had.

I loved both the art style and music very much! The new art style is actually my favorite of all, and I think it fits the series quite well. I actually had some doubts initially, but those evaporated fairly early on and then after experiencing the game, I thought it was incredible and rather lovely, with cute characters. The painterly aspect of it was great, and in my opinion it was well done. Faron woods had to be my favorite display of the art style as I loved the look of the dappled sunshine on the ground coming through the trees and such. I found myself wishing to see what other types of areas would have looked like with the new style, too. It's too bad we didn't get to see the world below during nighttime, since I think the look would have been very pretty.

As for the music, well, again I had a few small doubts at first but those didn't last very long at all. I think this game in particular is one where the music was very well done to fit with each situation and area quite well. I just think it did a great job at setting the mood in every instance, and I have many favorite songs among them all. Fi's Theme in particular would be among the ranks of my favorite Zelda songs in general, actually.

So, yes... I really loved the music and art, and I think they both worked perfectly with the game to make it great. :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom