• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Art Project

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Okay so my art teacher started a clay unit and it can't be anything we want. I decided I wanted to make something from Zelda. But what should I make? It needs to be a person. I was thinking Midna or Link, but I'm really undecided. Any suggestions? Once I'm finished making it I will post a picture up.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
If you try making Link, decide if he is a child or a teen. Use the model of the N64 Link, it's much easier. If you will include his Master Sword or Kokiri Sword and Hylian Shield or Deku Shield, it will be harder but more rewarding.
If you try Midna, then painting the patterns will take time, needs a LOT of concentration...and hard work.

I really suggest you trying to go with....either Saria or Sheik. They are kinda easy to figure out.

But depending on how good you are, Link and Midna can be done well.

Din Akera

Sniper
I think Sheik would be rather hard too though. The bandages/hair would be hard to mold and then paint.
I think doing Midna would be super cool, but for an easier job, I'd probably try and do someone like Naburoo or maybe Saria.

Oh oh! You could do Kate! From our RP's. :D

Good Luck! I'd love to see the finished product!

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've done an Ordon Goat out of Super Sculpey.

The result will depend upon how advanced you are, if you've worked well with clay before - knowing your medium. Personally, I'd suggest going with an animal-form, one of LoZ's creatures - say, Epona. I say this because, compartively, sculpting four-footed creatures is easier than bipedal creatures (such as humans). Four-footed forms are more stable, while two-footed figures tend to require a spacious base in order to stand.

If you got ambitious and sculted an Aquamentus, I'd have to love you forever.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I think Sheik would be rather hard too though. The bandages/hair would be hard to mold and then paint.
I think doing Midna would be super cool, but for an easier job, I'd probably try and do someone like Naburoo or maybe Saria.

Oh oh! You could do Kate! From our RP's. :D

Good Luck! I'd love to see the finished product!

oh I didn't even think of Sheik. I may do her or Kate. Now I need to rough sketch them both and then decide. Thanks Din!

Apple

Crazy Cookie
Midna would be very fun to make, but also a bit difficult. Link wouldn't be as hard, but as others have pointed out, Shiek would look really cool. Choose whoever you think you would be able to do best, or who you like the most.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Lol I think you should make a Goron figurine it be easy and would only have to grab a big chunk of clay and give it shape. Lol back in 7th grade my teacher let me make a Hylian Shield(She wouldn't let me make a Master Sword to go with it grrr) and later in 8th grade I made a Majora's Mask, lol I was so proud. and my brother now that he got to middle school his teacher let him make a whistle thing, but he made an extra one for imself in the shape of an Ocarina of Time.

You could do Makar from Wind Waker. Perhaps he's not the most exciting choice, but he is really simple, which will allow you to get something really professional-looking.

Alternatively, you could try Tingle. He's a bit more complex and interesting, but at the same he has a relatively simple design compared with other Zelda characters. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom