• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Arrow to the Knee-I Don't Get It :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a saying meaning that if i took an arrow to the knee i got dissapointed and my standards were too high of whatever hit you

Though I haven't played Skyrim the Elder Scrolls, I know the origin of this rapidly spreading internet meme. It comes from the fact, that about every guard (which apparantly is a very popular type of NPC in Skyrim), tells you that he "used to be an adventurer like you, but then took an arrow to the knee" and cannot go around the country adventuring anymore as an effect of that injury. Due to this very noticeable and overused quote in the game, people all over the internet are using this modified quote to comment on something they supposedly used to do but don't do anymore. There does not have to be any logical connection between the two.

Example:

I used to play Twilight Princess, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Type that thing on youtube to get some more examples.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
It's actually Arrow IN the knee. But either way, I don't get it either. Some people just enjoy an over-used line.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
One of the guards in Skyrim says the line, people realized they could tweak the first part of the dialogue to apply to different situations.

Alternatively, there's another Skyrim quote of "A sword through the chest".

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It's always better to show than tell:

[video=youtube;vncIBREXCwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncIBREXCwU[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom