• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ARMS

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So, Nintendo has finally released a new IP with the first year of the Switch.

A lot of people are giving it unnecessary hate, and I don't see why. Seeing actual gameplay, it looks extremely good!

Also, let me just say that Motion controls are optional. You can play ARMS with button controls.

But now that we have access to actual gameplay, what do you think of ARMS?

Totally will be playing with buttons, it looks quirky but also shallow as hell, unless its got something clever under its boxing glove then i cant see it having much lasting appeal for many.

Ribbon girl is totally gonna be in Smash though.

Looking at it it looks like Pokken X Punch Out.

I wont be buying it.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Totally will be playing with buttons, it looks quirky but also shallow as hell, unless its got something clever under its boxing glove then i cant see it having much lasting appeal for many.

Ribbon girl is totally gonna be in Smash though.

Looking at it it looks like Pokken X Punch Out.

I wont be buying it.
Seeing the actual gameplay, it actually isn't shallow.
There are multiple characters that play completely different from each other. And on top of that, 3 different gloves that you can choose for each arm. This has a lot of depth for a fighting game such as this, and this is only a small taste of the final game.

A good taste of that, is that Master Mummy, a tank like character, has access to revolvers. So when he punches, he shoots his guns and makes 2 projectiles with a punch coming with it. He also has access to the big punch, which can be charged and deals a lot of damage. You can choose to have 2 revolvers, or one on each hand(or use one of his other weapons). You can go entirely projectile focused, or have projectile and power.

I remember people saying that Splatoon looked pretty shallow when they first premiered it in E3 2014. And we all know how wrong that was in the end.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Why would you play ARMS without motion? I love motion controls. If you don't like motion controls well I have to say that you are not a human AND that I'll kick your ass. 1v1 me in ARMS this May.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Meh, it looks like an interesting evolution of Wii Boxing but having to pay full retail price for it sounds like a bit much. I'd prefer if it came bundled with 1-2 Switch and came free with the system. Otherwise, it's not so interesting that I'd actually go out of my way to purchase it unless it was really cheap. Though, to be fair, I'm sure it's a lot deeper than Wii Sports or Nintendo Land so I get why it isn't a free game. But still, it doesn't look like anything special.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I wouldn't have so much hate for it if they hadn't called it a "deep" experience full of "replay value". The very idea that they would try to market it as anything other than a tech demo—what Wii Sports was to the Wii—is insulting. No, no ... in no universe is that a full retail game. It looks shallow and completely uninteresting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom