• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Observant?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
*I could not find a similar thread.

A generic question, really, are you an observant person? Do you notice things easily? For me, I'd say I'm pretty observant, but not the most observant.

What about you? Are you an observant type of person? If not, how come? If yes, what makes you come to this conclusion? Discuss.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I am not an observant person. The smallest things are noticeable to me at times but they always trip me up. The big things can come flying at me from a mile away and I will be totally oblivious to it. I literally had a dodgeball coming at my gut the other day and I didn't know until AFTER it hit me. ;)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm typically pretty observant. I guess it's because I'm a naturally curious person, so I'm always "observing" things. I'm also good at puzzle-solving and spotting things in video games. I've gotten a lot of observation practice from games, and my Forensics class definitely improved my observation skills as well.

However, when it comes to "observing" the "body language" of other people, I'm basically oblivious. :mellow:

ILU

i luv u
I would say yes. My grandma always said I was, anyway.

I'm usually more observant about people than anything else. Maybe it's body language, they way people speak, etc., but I am usually very observant of people and how they feel, what they are trying to hide or convey, etc. Honestly, it kind of bothers me, because I feel like I'm the only one in the room who is observing what is really going on.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
217313_197710943710807_1187536022_n.jpg

You have to make something obvious before I notice it.

Very much so. I always notice when something is misplaced in my room and I'm always looking around at what other people are doing be it at school or other public places, noting important or peculiar details.

Being raised by a family of doctors, nurses, psychologists, and other related jobs, I've grown to appreciate and search for small, overlooked yet critical singularities.

Skittles

Rainbows!
I'm a little too observant...it makes people uncomfortable, sometimes, there was this one time that I knew this guy for a hour and I read his personality and such like a book. That isn't the only time either that I've done this, but...yes. He apparently was a little surprised that I could already understand him so well, I guess, after such a short period of time.

This, people have told me, is just what I do. It's probably just me being curious about everything and noticing the small details quickly. Some people consider that 'intelligence', but, whatever. xD

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Depends on the occasion and what it is I'm supposed to be observing.

Sometimes I miss the most obvious things, but I also catch the littlest things.
I feel like my observation skills are more "heightened," so to speak, after I watch anything Sherlock Holmes related, though...

Am I an observant person wolf? Am I an observant person wolf?! Heh, does a wolf howl at the Moon?

Not to sound arrogant, but I am probably the most observant person that anyone here will ever come across on the Internet. Even in the real world, I am very observant. I spend 95% of my time listening and watching, absorbing all incoming information like a sponge, all due to the fact that I am extremely introverted, and have been so for ages.

Because of this, I tend to detect things that others do not, and oftentimes I do so minutes or hours in advance. Observing has become so second-nature to me that I've come to know more about others than they know about themselves; this fact scares even me. Tie this in with the fact that my brain will not let me forget anything, and my observation skills becomes even more frightening.

This ability is something I tend to keep to myself out of fear that someone will think I'm strange or whatever. It also takes the fun out of having "super observation skills" if everyone knows that their every move or word is being monitored. People typically began to tense up or get nervous around you, or try doubly harder to mask their every action, thus making it harder for you to profile them. Little do they know, however, that this kind of thing is something which many people lack control of. If anything, it becomes a passive ability over time and it is devoid of an off-switch. I can't even begin to name the number of things I've learned about my coworkers, without them so much as batting an eye.

Now, who wants me to recite their posting habits/quirks from the time they joined until present?

Skittles

Rainbows!
Not to sound arrogant, but I am probably the most observant person that anyone here will ever come across on the Internet. Even in the real world, I am very observant. I spend 95% of my time listening and watching, absorbing all incoming information like a sponge, all due to the fact that I am extremely introverted, and have been so for ages.

Because of this, I tend to detect things that others do not, and oftentimes I do so minutes or hours in advance. Observing has become so second-nature to me that I've come to know more about others than they know about themselves; this fact scares even me. Tie this in with the fact that my brain will not let me forget anything, and my observation skills becomes even more frightening.

This ability is something I tend to keep to myself out of fear that someone will think I'm strange or whatever. It also takes the fun out of having "super observation skills" if everyone knows that their every move or word is being monitored. People typically began to tense up or get nervous around you, or try doubly harder to mask their every action, thus making it harder for you to profile them. Little do they know, however, that this kind of thing is something which many people lack control of. If anything, it becomes a passive ability over time and it is devoid of an off-switch. I can't even begin to name the number of things I've learned about my coworkers, without them so much as batting an eye.

A kindred spirit. Though, I'm fall from introverted, but certainly sometimes come off as a bit of a freak because of these qualities, too. You just have to accept that you're super empathic (or a superwolf) and thus can tell all these crazy things about people.

Do you know if anyone taught you to act like this or did you find it instinctual?

Now, who wants me to recite their posting habits/quirks from the time they joined until present?

Mwahahahahaha, I'd ask you to do mine, but I'm rather new...xD

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

If you're that observant of me, then have at er!

Observant? Depends on the situation, really. On the internet, I mostly just skim through and miss a lot of details. In the real world, however, I notice a lot of things. For example, If I see somebody sneeze while I'm outside somewhere, I will probably be able to tell that person apart one year from then!

At school, I tend to observe the way all my classmates act and work, simply because it makes it easier to cheat off them I'm rather curious about that type of thing.

When driving on the highway, and I see something cool, I may notice it again on the return trip, even if the distance traveled was quite long. I just have to observe the surroundings, and then I can remember whereabouts it was. Kind of strange I think, but hey. It does come in useful when following directions! I am a great Navigator!

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I notice and remember LOTS of little facts that are seemingly useless but are relevant to current... interests of mine. NO I'm not ALIT a stalker, I just notice the details. Still rubbish with body language.

90% sure you're joking, but have at ye.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Haha no, I'm not. :P I tend to zone out and not really notice small details. This is mostly when I'm tired though. When I'm actually focused and just feel energized, then I notice a lot more.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
My boyfriend always says I am. I'm quite a curious person, some may say nosy. ;) So, I think I am quite observant of stuff that happens, tend to see the little things that others might miss. One major part of that is in comedy shows, I'm always the friend who has to point out the little subtle stuff that happens to my other friends. "No it's funny because look what he did here..." kind of conversations. I basically had to explain the entire of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace to a friend. Wasn't fun, but. It kind of stopped because I was laughing too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom