• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you expecting more or less from BotW2?

Before BotW released it felt as if it was promising the world, the next evolution of Zelda not seen since the jump to 3D...

Some were disappointed and other were overjoyed, but none of us really knew what to expect until we played it.

Now that the next Zelda game is a confirmed sequel to BotW, are you as hyped for this game as you were for BotW1?

Are you disappointed that we're getting a sequel to a game that you may not have liked that very well may share a lot of BotW's shortcomings?

Are you expectinf more or less from BotW2 after playing BotW1?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I guess I'm even more hyped now because I now know, more than ever, how confident the Zelda team is, and that they seem to be in a great creative space right now. I have this trust in them I didn't have before BotW.
And judging from the trailer, I think it's gonna be a fantastic video game nevertheless. So yeah, I'm so damn excited. As of it being a direct sequel, for me it feels natural, since BotW felt like such a fresh reboot. It's the most 'sequellable' Zelda game I can think of. The wait for BotW was painful, but the wait for BotW2 will be unbearable !!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Naturally, I think we should always expect more from a series we love, otherwise it can fall into stagnation due to the fans not having high expectations. It's beneficial for us to keep the bar raised and give our honest feedback on a game. So I'm definitely expecting more out of BotW 2.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm not expecting it to be anywhere as good as past Zeldas since the Zelda Team is no longer involved, but I am hoping it's better than BOTW.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I'm hoping for more but expecting less, they've got the engine worked out and the physics, ditto the world but at the same time nintendo just populated that world with crappy koroks last time so i'm not expecting them to really work it properly, i hope for more species in the next game, mayhaps brought back to life via ganonmummy, buuuut again not expecting it.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
If they're using the same world from the 1st game, then i hope they focus more on dungeons, since those are a core component of Zelda after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom