• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you excited for John Wick 3?

The first John Wick film was a wonderful surprise, it was a simple and well crafted action movie with a lot of heart.

The second film was silly with less heart but still well made and a lot of fun.

Naturally I'm excited for John Wick 3, this movie series is the only one I've been interested in in years, plus I'll watch anything with Keanu Reeves in it.

But what about you, are you looking forward to John Wick 3?

What did you think of the last two films?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Yuge fan. So, I mean, yeah. There was nothing to indicate the series was already starting to slide with the sequel, so I hazard that the next one ought to be good enough. Although the last movie's premise did seem to exist solely as an excuse for a sequel to exist. I mean, I thought the whole point of John doing that "impossible task" for the Russians was so he could retire. But Oops! Somehow he forgot about that debt he paid to that one guy. Even if his wife had lived he would have been called on to repay it eventually...

But who cares! Nobody goes to see a John Wick movie for the story. You watch for the slick style, exceptionally crafted action sequences and Keanu Reeves being an unmitigated badass. So all the third movie really needs is more of that. But still, the premise of the first movie, simple as it is, made more sense than the story of 2.

I do like how the second movie delved a bit more into the world building of this secret society of assassins which will undoubtedly be expanded upon in the third film.

Yuge fan. So, I mean, yeah. There was nothing to indicate the series was already starting to slide with the sequel, so I hazard that the next one ought to be good enough. Although the last movie's premise did seem to exist solely as an excuse for a sequel to exist. I mean, I thought the whole point of John doing that "impossible task" for the Russians was so he could retire. But Oops! Somehow he forgot about that debt he paid to that one guy. Even if his wife had lived he would have been called on to repay it eventually...

But who cares! Nobody goes to see a John Wick movie for the story. You watch for the slick style, exceptionally crafted action sequences and Keanu Reeves being an unmitigated badass. So all the third movie really needs is more of that. But still, the premise of the first movie, simple as it is, made more sense than the story of 2.

I do like how the second movie delved a bit more into the world building of this secret society of assassins which will undoubtedly be expanded upon in the third film.

The debt thing bugged me so much, I thought exactly what you did, that despite what the first film said, he was never truly out because that debt thing was still hanging over him.

It was a completly sequel crafted excuse. I'd have been completly fine with the sequel being him just getting his car back, which was the first few minutes of the film.

But like you said, who cares!

From what little i've seen in images of Joh Wick 3 it looks like it could be as good as the first two. I've seen Keanu riding a horse. Who knows what kind of mad king fu-gun play-horse action we'll see there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom