• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you a Hero or a Villain?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
In your life, would you consider yourself the protagonist or the antagonist? Do you think you do the right things for the good of others like a hero, or do you feel like you're in it for yourself and will achieve success at the expense of other people like a villain would? Do you consider yourself an overall good person, or does the bad outweigh the good for you?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I am netural and so are the majority of people. They do things for them selves but do not seek out to harm people.
There are some who are heroes and some who are villans but most fall close to being neutral.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I dont think many are outright heroes or villains. I tend to put myself first but no matter my motivations for doing things the way I do them I think the world is a better place with me in it.

Also what about you Nines?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I dont think many are outright heroes or villains. I tend to put myself first but no matter my motivations for doing things the way I do them I think the world is a better place with me in it.

Also what about you Nines?

I used to consider myself neutral. But as of late, I feel like the antagonist. Not because I outright hurt people but I seem to do it so naturally without even thinking. I think I'm overall a bad person who does selfish things. I'm fake, annoying, and no matter how hard I try I always lose. And we all know the antagonist never wins in the end.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I used to consider myself neutral. But as of late, I feel like the antagonist. Not because I outright hurt people but I seem to do it so naturally without even thinking. I think I'm overall a bad person who does selfish things. I'm fake, annoying, and no matter how hard I try I always lose. And we all know the antagonist never wins in the end.

Well you aren't annoying to me. And just because you feel you always seem to lose doesnt mean there isn't going to be a victory for you down the line.

And nobody wins in the end. We all end up in exactly the same place and we all experience our triumphs and failures in life whether we are good or bad.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I don't know.

Many acts I do are antagonistic, but many I do are protagonistic. In the stories, it's the villain I've always wanted to be, but it's in my nature (and in the nature of most others) to be the hero, not the villain.

There is a famous quote: "when given the choice between being right, and being kind. Choose kind." That quote does not apply to me. I generally choose right before kind, but if I can do both, I do.

In video games, I'm 90% self-centered. For example, in Splatoon 2, I go off on my own. I rack up the points like no one's business, but that's not good for the team. I killsteal. I do things like that in all video games. But those are games. Those don't matter.

I lie a lot. I'm very deceptive. That is antagonistic, but that doesn't usually have a negative impact on the people I do it to, and it gains me something, so I say it's worth it.

But I am a kind person. I'm a compassionate person. I would put my life on the line for the sake of others.

What does that make me?

I never deliberately seek out another person's doom, so even though I feel like I am a lot of the time, I probably am not actually antagonistic. I'm not really sure I take an active effort for my actions to be beneficial to others, but I do my best to not let them negatively impact them. My best isn't great though, so I tend to fail at that a lot. I guess I'm some degree of neutral like most people here, though I definitely am the antagonist of my own life story.

Kuro

caw
My thoughts? I don't think anyone is either. Those are moral terms, and morality alone is subjective. Every person, every group, every society/government/nation has their own standard. You can point to any "hero" and find faults, any "villain" and find some good. A "hero" for some is almost always a "villain" for others/by some other standard. As others have said, average people naturally tend to be selfish/tribal and will believe and act what and how they want to in the end. Don't worry about what's "right", worry about what's correct. Reason, being reasonable (which can well be two different things), and being understanding of others are what makes a good person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom