• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Aquamentus and Gleeok (art)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Recently, I've done some paintings of monsters from the classic (first) LoZ game - my interpretations of them, anyway. I finished the Gleeok today and, since I don't often share artwork here (mostly just fan fics), I decided it was time to show some art.

I uploaded these two to Photobucket just so I could show them off to people who don't go to Deviant Art.

aquamentus.jpg

Aquamentus - the boss of the Eagle Labrynth. This creature always reminded me of Kirin (for those who know what that is). For those who do not, it's a creature from Chinese mythology.

gleeok.jpg

Gleeok. I forget what labyrnths this beast is in, but I know there are multiple Gleeoks encountered. This one is (or was) a 4-header. As you can see, Link has been at work here.

Both are acrylic on watercolor paper with an ink background.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Hmm, interesting. I prefer painting in oils myself, but they're incredibly expensive. I miss the days of free paint from high school. :(

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Hmm, interesting. I prefer painting in oils myself, but they're incredibly expensive. I miss the days of free paint from high school. :(

They are... expensive and difficult to clean up. I really liked oils when I got to work with them in high school and I bet I could do some really nice things with them if I had the money and didn't live in an apartment I have to be extra careful to keep nice. Currently, my favorite medium is acrylics because of the relatively good price, the relatively easy water cleanup and the fact that they're very, very versatile. I can use them on almost anything (including bone).

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I never was able to use paint. It's the one medium that I just can't work with. Argh.

But these are so awesome! I loove the detail. How do you get pointed ends? Mine always ended up rounded, even with a tiny brush.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I never was able to use paint. It's the one medium that I just can't work with. Argh.

But these are so awesome! I loove the detail. How do you get pointed ends? Mine always ended up rounded, even with a tiny brush.

It could be the poor condition of some of my brushes... some of my smallest brushes are ones where most of the hairs have fallen out (most artists would have thrown them away, I'd think)... and some of the real fine detail work is what I do with a liner/script brush. A script brush is invaluable.

CZG

Very cool paintings! It's so very different from what I would and could do...
I'm no good with paint to start with. Unless it was free on school, meaning you could add layers and layers untill you were satisfied.

Are you gonna make the rest of the bosses too?
Or is it coincidence and do you just like the dragon-type?

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
impressive paintings shadsie. I really like the scales in the aquamentus painting with the different colors green and blue/grey. The gleeok is also a beautiful painting. Those cut off heads really look scary :P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Very impressive, Shads. I've never played other Zelda titles besides WW, so I don't know much about the Acquamantus and the other monster. But the paintinngs are great, good job on them. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom