• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Aonuma: New Zelda NOT Inspired by Skyrim

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Huh...you just captured modern Zelda (from TWW onwards, minus TWW) with perfect form. ;)

The DS games and Skyward Sword had some pretty cool sidequests, broseph.

I can call it a better game, and I am calling it a better game, yes. Cos that's an opinion.

I'm not sure if you know "you can't tell me ___" is just a saying or not. Even though I really don't think you can accurately say a broken game is better than a polished, borderline glitch-free game. That basically defies logic.

Salem

SICK
I'm not sure if you know "you can't tell me ___" is just a saying or not. Even though I really don't think you can accurately say a broken game is better than a polished, borderline glitch-free game. That basically defies logic.
Is Skyrim really so glitchy that it's unplayable?

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
It was on the PS3 at launch. Even on the 360 and PC, it was pretty unenjoyable early on.

Not a fan of Skyrim (I'll be blunt and say I think it sucks), but what does glitchyness early on have to do with the game as a whole?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

You can cry about it all you like about it, I'd choose Skyrim over any Zelda anyday, no contest with **** like SS. OoT/MM can come close but, Skyrim all the way still.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Not a fan of Skyrim (I'll be blunt and say I think it sucks), but what does glitchyness early on have to do with the game as a whole?

It shows laziness of the developers. I'm aware that a game as massive as Skyrim is going to be much harder to bug test, but given how much $$$ Bethesda has and how much of it they used to hype & advertise the ever-living **** out of their precious wannabe masterpiece, you'd think they could have put more of that towards making sure they didn't release a broken mess of a game. Skyrim is pretty fun now that it's actually playable, but hot damn, I can't believe it got such raving reviews with how broken it was at first.

You can cry about it all you like about it, I'd choose Skyrim over any Zelda anyday, no contest with **** like SS. OoT/MM can come close but, Skyrim all the way still.

Not crying, just speaking the truth.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
It's actually a bit of a shame. If the new Zelda game was based off Skyrim, there would be so much to explore. I think it would be interesting. I wonder if there are Skyrim mods that change the combat system and enemies so it's more Zelda like...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It's actually a bit of a shame. If the new Zelda game was based off Skyrim, there would be so much to explore. I think it would be interesting. I wonder if there are Skyrim mods that change the combat system and enemies so it's more Zelda like...

It would also follow the modern trend of having large amounts of empty space. I'll take a 3D version of a TMC styled overworld, thanks. (Obv. without the shrinking.)

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
It would also follow the modern trend of having large amounts of empty space. I'll take a 3D version of a TMC styled overworld, thanks. (Obv. without the shrinking.)

If you compacted the overworld a bit a squished things together a bit, there would be less empty space and traveling would be faster. Also, if you want a better example of an empty overworld, check out Twilight Princess's Hyrule Field.

Salem

SICK
Not crying, just speaking the truth.
Skyrim got great reviews, If the glitches were really that bad, it wouldn't have gotten the praise it got today, that's not hard to believe that Mercedes(or anyone really) liked it more than SS., is it?

Disclaimer: I haven't played any Elder Scrolls game, but I watched someone play Skyrim, it seems nice I guess.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I hope they stay away from Skyrim. The clunk combat, lack of a focused quest, and FP make it less that ideal for zelda.

PS- It;s not Sonic 06. It's Sonic 666.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
If you compacted the overworld a bit a squished things together a bit, there would be less empty space and traveling would be faster. Also, if you want a better example of an empty overworld, check out Twilight Princess's Hyrule Field.

I never said Zelda wasn't guilty of empty overworlds. OoT's Hyrule Field, The Wind Waker's Great Sea, TP's overworld, Skyward Sword's Sky... That doesn't change the fact that Skyrim has the same issue.

Skyrim got great reviews, If the glitches were really that bad, it wouldn't have gotten the praise it got today, that's not hard to believe that Mercedes(or anyone really) liked it more than SS., is it?

The Elder Scrolls games ALWAYS get great reviews. It's one of the most overrated series in the modern gaming era. It USED to be amazing, back with Arena, Daggerfall, and Morrowind, but then Oblivion hit the scene and it all went downhill. People just orgasm over the games because "OMG, SO MUCH STUFF!!!1!" and ignore the glitches in the process... for whatever reason. I don't get why, because ignoring them is exactly why Bethesda doesn't care about releasing games with them. Nah, just patch it later on. Why should we actually try?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Getting a good ol' laugh out of some posts in here :lol:

I'm kinda glad Nintendo aren't going for the Skyrim approach, they shouldn't look at something else and desire their game to be like that, Zelda is great on its own. However, an inspiration isn't bad so to say, but at the end of the day both are very different games, you can't really mould the two together and still make it seem like a Zelda game.

I think Nintendo could take some inspiration for a larger and more open overworld, but that's just a small element of Skyrim, let's face it, Nintendo won't go all out with nonlinearity; nearly an unlimited freedom etc. Nintendo can't just change the series in that fashion, they need to keep the core but implement some new elements - maybe some akin to a game like Skyrim but that doesn't mean it's directly influenced by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom