• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anybody Read Shakespeare?

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Forgive me if there is a thread like this one and feel free to close it if there is one and yell at me (My mind is still in bio)

So has anyone read any Shakespeare? Or seen the plays? I have read a few sonnets and read
Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth. In my English Classes. and I also have read (outside of School) Hamlet and A Midsummer Nights Dream. Most people complain how hard it is to read but for me it seems easy. Though ask me what "Fair is Foul and Foul is Fair" (1.1 ?-?) means or any quote that is like that and I couldn't tell you. But does anyone read it? Or seen the plays?
Which one was your favorite (if you have one)
Mine is Macbeth because it tries to say when the lust for power goes too far.

I read it when I can, when I start reading it, I just get lost in it, and forget to eat. . .(and chores, and reports for school)

One thing you guys should know: Shakespeare's a master of sexual jokes.

all that aside, i have to say most of his works were quite good (except his tragedies, which were'nt sad enough to depress me. Les miserables actually moved me to tears...I did not just say that.) Merchant of venice was great.

L

liz lemonade

hough ask me what "Fair is Foul and Foul is Fair" (1.1 ?-?) means or any quote that is like that and I couldn't tell you.

That's referring to how Macbeth turned the natural order on its head by killing the king, Duncan. Everything is mixed up: Duncan's horses are going mad and eating each other, hawks are getting killed by weaker birds, the moon is eclipsed. It can also refer to Macbeth's secret sinister side and how he is perceived as fair when he is actually foul.

I've studied a few of Shakespeare's works in the past few years. Macbeth is probably my favorite play for the darkness and paranormal elements. I also like Hamlet. I can't say I LOVE Shakespeare, though. There are little things within his works that I can appreciate, but most of my time reading the text is full of confusion and boredom. I had more fun studying Shakespeare in 12th grade than in college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom