• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Recomendations for a New Laptop?

I'm looking into buying a new laptop. It needs to be able to run some of the newer games like Portal 2. I also want it to be somewhat light, preferably under seven pounds. I want it to have built in bluetooth and up to three USB ports. It needs to have a pretty sensitive touchpad for when I'm not using a mouse. I'd like at least 500 GB of hard drive and at least 8 GB of RAM. It also needs an HD screen, preferably with anti-glare. My budget is around $1500. I can go over if I need to, but I'd rather not.

I don't know if it's possible, but I also would like built in video and audio input so I can use the laptop as a screen for other devices.

Thanks

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
That's definitely a good laptop. And should run what you asked with barely any effort at all. Though I'd go for something with a little more clock speed. Like 3.0 GHz. That laptop is 2.3 GHz.

If you're going to go for something in that range... why limit yourself to a laptop...? I mean, do you absolutely require it to be a laptop? If so, that IS a good laptop, though it might have overheating issues with a GPU like that one, not sure though. But if you don't have to have a laptop, you could easily build an even better desktop with the same amount of money - or less.

If you're going to go for something in that range... why limit yourself to a laptop...? I mean, do you absolutely require it to be a laptop? If so, that IS a good laptop, though it might have overheating issues with a GPU like that one, not sure though. But if you don't have to have a laptop, you could easily build an even better desktop with the same amount of money - or less.

The reason I want it to be a laptop is I don't want to be limited to one area when using it. I also want to be able to take it to school with me. One reason I wanted a gaming laptop was so I would know it could run any games I make. I'm doing a game design degree in school so I need it to be able to run commercial standard game engines also. I also don't want it to be like my older brother's laptop which crashed when I tried to run Blender on it. Blender is an open-source game engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom