• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Ideas for a 3DS Pokemon Game?

My idea would be to have 3D graphics, better battle animations, better battle backgrounds, and maybe post-game content, that allows you to go back to the Kanto region. That would be really cool to see the first ever region with such good graphics.

I think the 3D feature would be best utilised by graphics similar to Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness, games that had three dimensional models as opposed to sprites. The characters had textures and the pokemon actually moved around when they attacked and took damage. I think we could explore Kanto or another familiar region in a completely new way with graphics like that. Using the same graphics as Black and White (I haven't gotten Black2/White2 yet, so I'm using the first ones as a reference), I feel, would limit things to just having the buildings and sprites pop off of the screen.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
My idea would be to have 3D graphics, better battle animations, better battle backgrounds, and maybe post-game content, that allows you to go back to the Kanto region. That would be really cool to see the first ever region with such good graphics.

I would really like for the next title to have a very expansive region, a story the player could follow, and overall a better experience for us all. 3D graphics could work, but I would prefer if they just kind of stuck to sprites. Sure, of course they could always improve on battle animations, and even battle backgrounds. For me, post-game content is always important when it comes to Pokemon. I don't want to be completely done as soon as I beat the E4, so adding extra quests and adventures at the end is crucial. As far as a visit to Kanto goes, I would love to see it happen, but that's up for Nintendo and GameFreak to decide on.

As for my own ideas, I would really like to see the 3DS camera used in one way or another. What they decide to use it for is up for them to decide, but I think it would be neat. Another thing I would really like to see is the opportunity to collect more badges rather than the minimum eight requirement. Maybe include small things from other games as well, such as the Wi-Fi Plaza and Underground Bases, or even include previous characters that fans adored. Whatever floats their boat, will most likely float mine.

I think the 3D feature would be best utilised by graphics similar to Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness, games that had three dimensional models as opposed to sprites.

That could definitely work, but I see that more suited for the Wii U rather than the 3DS. But we won't discuss that in this thread. :bleh:

Aerauro67

That God of Yellow Foxes
Well...

According to Serebii, there is already a new Mystery Dungeon game coming out. But what I'd like is if there were a new Pokemon Ranger game to come out in 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom