• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Good Advice on Getting a 3ds?

I am wondering if there's anything important I need to know before getting a 3ds.

Should I buy it used or new?

Should I get any accessories for it?

Where should I buy a 3ds?

What games should i buy for my 3ds?

Is a 3ds worth buying?

Future thanks for any help!

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
- Look at your budget and make a decission based on that.
Should I get any accessories?
- Screen Protectors.
Where to buy?
- It would help to know where in the world you are.
What Games?
-Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising and Star Fox 64 3D are my standouts.
Is it worth buying?
-It depends how many games on it interest you, keep an eye out for E3 announcements.
Hope I helped.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
New means the safety of a warranty for a certain amount of time, old *might* (depending on who owned it before you) mean there could be some downloaded games on it already, it could also mean the console could be worn, have scratches, etc, so if you buy an old, demand to inspect it in the store so you know what you're buying (I once bought an old Gamecube, the console itself was good, but the controller was so worn it was next to impossible to play with it - which was a shame since it was the controller I was looking to get, because I wanted to use it to play Gamecube and N64 games on my wii). You need to decide what is more important to you and also what fits your budget.

I'd definitely get some kind of casing around it, not only can they be decorative, but they also help protect the console. I keep mine in my purse, so it comes with me wherever I go, so I've doubled up on protection. I have the Zelda OoT crystal casing on the console itself:
Amazon.com: Nintendo 3DS Zelda Crystal Armor Case: Video Games

And when I'm not playing it, I keep my 3DS in this wallet (I chose that particular one because it's compact and I already have a case for all my games, so I didn't need one that accomendated for more games and accessories):
Mad Catz Officially Licensed 3DS Microsuede Wallet - Blue

Figure out which retailers (online or off) you find more trustworthy that offers the best prices. I bought mine at HMV at Heathrow airport, because I got it much cheaper and tax-free, due to the fact I was flying abroad, plus I got it right away, lol. But you need to decide what suits you more.

The only 3DS games I have right now are the Occarina of Time 3DS and Mario 3DS, both of which I would greatly recommend. The 3DS also have the eShop where you can buy a lot of games, plus you can play regular DS games on it (however if the games require certain accessories, make sure the accessories are appropriate for the 3DS - I once bougt the Guitar Hero on DS, only to discover the guitar accessory didn't fit the 3DS - luckily both my nieces had DS-es that could use it, so the game ended up being used by someone, at least, lol)

Is a 3ds worth buying?
For me it was, without a doubt. However I never owned a regular DS, so it all depends on whether you already have a DS and if you find the added features on the 3DS truly worth it compared to the DS you already have. If you however don't already have a DS, then the 3DS is a really great buy, because it has backwards compability so you can not only enjoy all the 3DS titles, but also all other DS titles :)

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
Well I prefer new coz you know that there is nothing wrong with it. However if it's used...it can get damaged without you knowing...like the screen will eventually get dead pixels.

I would get a few game chip covers and a 3ds case to obviously protect your 3ds. :P maybe a screen protector if u r really concerned about your screen. :/

At a good game shop. eb games, jbhi fi, game...etc

I suggest you to by super mario 3d land and mario kart 7 first. Good games to kill time and loads of stuff to do. :)

Is a 3ds worth buying?
Yes it is worth it coz there are going to be many outstanding games to wait for. But if yah want to buy it...you must be prepared to use it. To only use the 3d effect for at least an hr and not get bad headaches.

i would by it knew because used systems usually worn and scrateched up but they might have games already on it but thats your choice
screen protectors
if your near one i would go to game stop if not Amazon eBay etc...
all if have so far is ocarina of time i cant help you there
and ironically i didnt like the 3d to much it hurts your eyes but overall i think it is worth it

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
-It honestly depends on your financial situation. Used one's cost less, but can be prone to damages and in need of repairs. New ones are expensive, but are in great shape.
It's up to you.

-As mentioned before, I recommend you get a protective case.
Don't want to be too risky. ^^

-I bought mine at GameStop, but you could buy it anywhere.
(I don't recommend Ebay, lol.)

-Zelda fan? OoT 3D. ^^
And Super Mario Land 3D, to get you started. ;)
Maybe Kid Icarus : Uprising.

Is a 3ds worth buying?
-In my opinion, yes I suppose.

1-depends,used ones can be already damaged,but are cheap,while the new ones normally don't have those problems.
2-Only screen protectors.
3- a retailer you trust.
4-OoT 3D,Kid Icarus Uprising,Super Mario 3D Land.
5-the 3DS is great!I'm sure you're going to like it.

I would say it depends on how you feel about it. I would get it new just because you have longer warrenty and what not.
You might want to get screen protecters or extra pens.
Ocarina of Time 3D, KId Icarus Uprising and Mario Kart 7
It depends if you like the games it has now and in the future.
The eshop is filled with a lot of good classic games if your into that.

It depends I guess.. if you don't mind it being used, then buy that because it's cheaper.

No..

EB Games? Best buy? Future Shop?

OOT 3D :D

Is a 3ds worth buying?
I guess, if you play it often and have fun games :)

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I bought the Zelda 3DS 25th anniversary bundle with Ocarina of Time 3D, I downloaded Link's Awakening DX and Four Swords on the e-Shop and that's about it.
Like any other console new or used is based on money and how much you care.
I didn't get any accessories but if you've bought that stuff in the past then buy it again.
I would say Ocarina of Time 3D for sure but I don't play video games besides Zelda really..
I would say wait for more games but it's your call, if there is a game you really want (like me) then by all means go for it.

Fig

The Altruist
I would have to agree with everyone who posted here before me. I was going to post earlier, but I couldn't find the proper words for each question. Anyways, I would suggest that you go with either the majority or all of their opinions and suggestions since they know what they are talking about! :D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I get all of my consoles used and they work like a charm. Other people don't seem to have the same experiences with used hardware or software, but me? I would personally get the 3DS used. Lower price at the same functionality! It just might've had someone's hands, feet, and other things on it.

I'm skeptical about accessories. Buy the Circle Pad Pro without a doubt, it only makes certain games extremely enjoyable, but beyond that? I would refer you to any of the above posts (I haven't read them myself).

GameStop, eBay, Amazon, maybe even Target or Bestbuy. I'm not sure where you live so you may not have access to any/all of these stores though.

Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Resident Evil Revelations if you're allowed to play M games, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, etc.

I can't say since I don't have one myself, but I've played with one a LOT and I'm impressed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom