• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Anime Fans?!

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
When I was a teenager I was really into Anime, but to be honest, I was almost always more of a Manga person especially in the case where the Manga came first. Something tends to get lost in the transition, as they cannot spend as much time dwelling on dramatic moments or even simple conversations in a show as they can in writing form. However now, I simply can't afford to invest in an entire series like I use to. ): Another thing was I usually was only able to watch was on TV, as finding an entire DVD set of one anime in my town was about as likely as finding gold in my backyard. :\ Netflix and Hulu have completely changed this however, and now entire series are available on demand for free. (or a montly membership fee, in Netflix's case)

When I was 15 my favorite anime/manga list would have looked something like this: DNAngle, Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X, Chobits, Inuyasha, Tokyo Mew Mew, Ah! My Goddess, and Tenchi Muyo (Universe), + ANY anime I could get my hands on. My standards were dirt shallow and all I really cared about was Quantity > Quality so I could add every and any anime series to my ever growing list of "Favorites". While I sort of hold the series I listed close to my heart because I loved them so much at the time, I don't entirely know how I feel about their stories now. Still revisit my Manga collection to reread them though. I would also like to revisit Kenshin one day, as I heard the cartoon network dub did not do the series justice, and I still found it to be pretty fantastic.

Most of my favorite anime's now are mostly.. dramas? Slice of Life? With dashes of Sci-Fi?

Nana: ;w; When I first started watching it, I doubted I would stick with it for more than a couple of episodes.... now it's quite possibly one of my favorite anime. 40 some episodes that ends on a somewhat confusing note. I really hope Ai Yazawa will get well enough one day to continue work on this awesome series, and that both the manga and anime can eventually be completed.

Saikano: This series is beyond tragic, and I actually can't read it that often because it gets me depressed. ; D; I just looove this series and it's actually my #1 all time favorite. A beautiful love story with an extremely anime plot that sounds absurd at first, but works so well in words. Though note, I highly recommend the MANGA and only recommend the anime after completely finishing the series. :\ It' pretty sub-par compared to the amazing story telling in the books, and I've had a few friends say the story's impact was lost on them when watching the anime. Do like the ending a bit more though, only because there is a sliver of a happy ending for the two main characters. ; w;''

Death Note: Watched this on Axel's recommendation. I watched an episode or two out of context on Cartoon Network when they were showing it and it looked terrible. Also the fans didn't help much, it seemed way too emo and animu (L I'm looking at you) to be a series I could actually take seriously. Me and Tim picked this up a few months ago and FLEW through all the episodes, It was so good! And L ended up being a fantastic character -after all. It taught me not to take a series at face value.

Eden of the East: This is an EXTREMELY short series, so if you ever find yourself particularly bored, try picking this up. :J (I think it's on Youtube/hulu/ and Netflix so shouldn't be hard to find) Rather interesting story that I really enjoyed watching, but things sort of fizzled out towards the later episodes. The series doesn't really "end" on the last episode, as there are two movies that are suppose to complete the rest of the series. I have only seen one and it felt like nothing but a long, sub-par episode at best. Still worth watching as I said, just not as polished as it should or deserves to be.

Cowboy Bebop: First anime Tim ever recommended to me. I'm sure everybody has already seen this one, so no explanation about it's awesomeness is needed. :yes: I wish this series would show up on Netflix!

.Hack: Uh.. yeah. I've never played the games before, but I love how multi-media this series is. Legend of the Twilight was actually my first manga, so it really does have a special place in my heart, but also the MMO gamer in me can't help but love this series. <3​

Currently we are watching Trigun, a series that was on Cartoon network forever, but I only watched in bits and pieces (Sort of what happened with DeathNote actually) and so I never got into the story or anything. Tim has watched the entire thing and says it's really good, but I'm only a few episodes in. :J

Let me see:

Digimon(all series - Digimon XrosWars2)
Pokemon(some not all)
Naruto
Bleach(I stayed in epi 80)
Dragon Ball
Inazume Eleven
and i am thinking in start to see Au no Exorcist

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
and i am thinking in start to see Au no Exorcist

Ao no Exorcist. ;) That's a really good one. I kinda prefer the manga, though.

My personal favorite anime is Durarara!!. That's my most highly recommended. Other very good ones include Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Kannagi, Fairy Tail, Baccano!(written by the same author as Durarara!!), Rosario + Vampire, and Pandora Hearts.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I like to watch:

Dragonball (Z and GT)

Mermaid Melody Pitchy Pitch Pitch (Starting)

Dragonball Z Kai (a little)

I read:

Dragonball Z

Loveless (Starting)

and Yotsuba&!

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Theses are my favorite Animes:

Tokyo Mew Mew
Kamichama Karin(and Kamichama Karin Chu)
One Piece
Black Butler
Bleach
Naruto
Prince of Tennis
Hikaru No Go
Yu-Gi-Oh!
YuYu Hakusho
Lucky Star
Death Note
Black Rock Shooter
Fairy Tale

That's some of my favorite Animes, I have a lot more that I like.

Last edited:
An anime that i'm watching at the moment is called rosario + vampire. It's about a guy who ends going to a school for monsters etc. Its really funny and i highly recomend it. :)

I'm a huge fan of anime, and such has been the case for years - since early childhood. I grew up with anime. As such, nostalgia leads me to prefer old school anime over the newer ones, though, they aren't all awful... While many varieties of anime hold my interest, I have come to like darker and/or mature anime for the most part. This means I generally prefer anime with a darker atmosphere and themes that draw influences from psychological, philosophical concepts of horror, despair, etc. [often, but not necessarily] with a tinge of gore, blood, and other themes that are considered "mature" by most audiences. It also helps if they touch upon real-world socioeconomic and political aspects. Some of my personal favorites are:

Akira (movie)
Baccano!
Basilisk
Black Lagoon
Big O
Black Jack
BoogiePop Phantom
Claymore
Darker than Black (also sequel)
Death Note
Elfen Lied
Ergo Proxy
Fullmetal Alchemist
Gantz
Ghost Hound
Ghost in the Shell (films and anime series)
Gunslinger Girl
Hell Girl (also second and third series)
Hellsing
Monster
Neon Genesis Evangelion (movie and anime)
Noein
Paranoia Agent
Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei
Speed Grapher
Tokyo Babylon (prequel to X)
Welcome to the NHK
Wolf's Rain
X
...and many more.

I'm not much of a big anime fan or anything, but I do have quite a favourite series that I enjoyed:

Maira Holic: I actually love this to death. Proabably one of the funniest anime's that I have seen recently. Its about a lesbian girl trying to find her true love at a all girl highschool. She meets all sorts of people and gets constant nose bleeds. Until this girl (who is actually a crossdresser) figures out that she is a lesbian and tries to report her, while the girl finds out that the crossdresser is actually a boy. So they are forced to be together till the end of their schooling years there. Quite a few funny events that happen, and it is quite adorable and fun :3

Hell Girl: Forever reason, I enjoyed this anime series very much. Just some of the stuff I can relate to that these people go through, may it be bullying, teasing, or a death of a certain someone and just want to get them back somehow and just can't. Its a very sad series to be honest.

Trinity Blood:I don't know, there is just some reason why I love this show. Its very easy going and not that violent. (Yes there is quite a lot of blood everywhere, but its a vampire anime, what do you expect?). I just love this, it has it moments of hilarity, and moments of sorrow. (I'd recomend it to anyone who wants to see a gorey vampire anime)

..I'll be back later with more.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I found the awesome part of ZeldaDungeon!! I lubs my anime, especially romance/comedy.
I used to watch a lot of Naruto, and other stuff, Lucky Star was the first anime I ever watched, but at the moment, I'm quite into the Haruhi Suzumiya series, The World God Only Knows (I'm reading the manga, I finished the anime ages ago!!), and Angel Beats. I love that kind of style, I can't stand the older stuff with the colouring and graphics (I hate the out of proportion mouths, with an exeption for Clannad. That's my favourite anime~) I also quite like Kimi ni Todoke.

If anyone has any good romance/comedy anime, I'd be glad to hear!! I haven't watched anime for a while (Except for the weekly releases of Zero no Tsukaima F and Ano Natsu de Matteru) because I think I'm out of all the good stuff. :)

Any Anime Fans?

Hi!
Umm yes so i wanna be friends with new peapole here on the Zelda dungeon..
if you like anime we may be friends :D ... or not :dry:

Do you have any favorite anime?

my top 5

1: Card captor sakura
2: Dragon Ball
3: Digimon
4: Azumanga Daioh
5: Nichijou

Thanks for your time :3

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i do like anime, don't watch it as much as i used to. i really like:

Naruto
Bleach
Kiba
Wolf's Rain
Inuyasha
Ju Oh Sei
Kuroshitsuji

also tried One Piece but got bored after 7 episodes and gave up, Blood+ which started good but rapidly went down hill so gave up...sure there are others but that's all i can remember

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
I found the awesome part of ZeldaDungeon!! I lubs my anime, especially romance/comedy.
I used to watch a lot of Naruto, and other stuff, Lucky Star was the first anime I ever watched, but at the moment, I'm quite into the Haruhi Suzumiya series, The World God Only Knows (I'm reading the manga, I finished the anime ages ago!!), and Angel Beats. I love that kind of style, I can't stand the older stuff with the colouring and graphics (I hate the out of proportion mouths, with an exeption for Clannad. That's my favourite anime~) I also quite like Kimi ni Todoke.

If anyone has any good romance/comedy anime, I'd be glad to hear!! I haven't watched anime for a while (Except for the weekly releases of Zero no Tsukaima F and Ano Natsu de Matteru) because I think I'm out of all the good stuff. :)

I highly recommend Fruits Basket if you've never checked it out. It's a love triangle story that can get serious and emotional, but also is very much a comedy and rather lighthearted most of the time. Most of the characters are from a family that is cursed by an animal from the Chinese zodiac, so the huge cast all comes with their own personality quirks usually based on the animal spirit they poses. (Rat is calculating, the rabbit is cute and hyper, etc) Go with the Manga, even though it's a long series. DON'T watch the anime, whatever you do- It's absolutely terrible, and only goes up to about book 6-7 anyways. :c

As for anime, one I forgot to add to my favorites list up there is Princess Tutu. I was recommended it several years ago by a good friend, but only got around to watching it last year. It does have elements of a romance and comedy, but I think it's most important asset is that Tutu is the actually story. It's an GREAT anime that I would recommend to anybody. Give it a chance by checking out the first couple of episodes. It starts off slow, but it's a series that's worth watching the whole way though. :yes: If you don't have netflix, it is on Hulu as well.

And while not a romance, I can recommend the anime Azumanga Daioh as a comedy. It's a pretty funny and full of randomness and a good time waster. 8D; You can find it on Youtube.

Highschool of the Dead: Probably a good "horror" anime show. Its filled with a lot of action, nudity, and blood. Its fun, it has its moments of hilarity, but overall a pretty violent show. I don't recomend it unless you can handle lots of blood.

Dance in the Vampire Bund: oh my god. I ****ing love this show. My only request is that, just watch it. plz

P

PokeOakly96

I stopped watching anime a long time ago but I believe the best ones I ever watched were Toradora, Ranma 1/2, Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist, D.Gray-Man, Elfen Lied, Clannad, etc. God knows there's many more out there to choose from.

Do try Toradora though, I think it's the only high school anime that actually "gets the realism right." There's no bull, it's straight up teenage problems without most of the typical highschool anime cliches. It takes itself seriously, but still throws in a light-hearted tone, and when it tries comedy, it doesn't blow up in your face leaving you to facepalm yourself.
It doesn't force itself to be anything. The characters don't go out of their way to annoy you, they are actually quite charming, and there's no 'crazy antics' scenes, but that's why you're able to respect the characters for the trials they go through, the drama they endure, and the friendship they share. It's not as deep a story as a show like Elfen Lied or Clannad but it doesn't really have to be. Despite it's unsavory ending, it's still a marvelous show, and really one of the only anime's I truly respect, along with shows like Clannad and FMA. Anime that does realism right is almost impossible to find. Savor it when you find it, my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom