• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Advice?

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
So, I recently bought Skyward Sword and it may take a while before I can actually put disk to console. So, while I finish Twilight Princess, I was wondering if anyone who has played the game could tell a bit about what I should prepare myself for? Is there anything about the gameplay, the plot, or the puzzles that I should know beforehand? Maybe not knowing anything explicit beforehand would be for the best? The games I have been exposed to (and completed) are listed in my signature, so you know what I am used to in a Zelda game.

Thank in advanced and I would appreciate lack of spoilers.
~TheRationalDove

The combat and plot is what really separates this game from the others. The plot is enchanting, and the combat is engaging, making it a truly unique Zelda.

The combat may take some getting used to, so perhaps you should actually pay attention to the combat tutorial that the instructor gives you in the beginning og the game. If you don't get it at first, its ok, neither did I, but try not to let that stop you from enjoying the game. The difficulty level is increased significantly your first time around, so don't be surpirsed if you die a few times. Particular battles you should watch out for are Lizalfos, Stalfos, and Skulltulas, although don't underestime your average Bokoblin, because they can pack a punch as well. This game lacks variety in monsters, so after you get through the first 1/3rd of the game things should get easier as you warm up to the motion controls.

The plot is by far the most intriguing, immersive, and engaging out of all the Zeldas. Its not your average 'save the princess' storyline anymore, it's much deeper than that, so pay attention. You''ll enjoy gorgeous cinematics throughout your adventure, and you'll learn to appreciate them quickly. Pay attention to character development and dialogue as well.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I would say the really big thing that will change from the games you have played to SS is the getting used to motion controls. It can sometimes take a while to get into it, but some people get it really fast. I would say that you might want to be cautious of enemies more than you normally would. Skulltuals at first may be slightly challenging because they can make your life hard if you aren't careful how to fight them. The Bokoblins can defend according to how you have moved, and most enemies will do at least a heart of damage. Lizalfos you may want to be careful around because they can attack a few different ways, and counter you attacks well. They are also very agile. In short, don't fall into the trap of just attacking your enemies. It has now become a little bit of a chess match and you should exercise caution around enemies more than in other games.

It's a prequel, so you don't NEED to know anything to understand the plot, but the plot will answer many questions from other Zelda games, such as Ocarina Of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom