• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ancient Hylian Language

D

Daydreamerawake

So in the Wind Waker at certain points in the game when you encounter the great deku tree, valoo, or jabun they speak an "Ancient Tongue" and you cant understand what they say. Well i've read that if you play the "Second Quest" you would be able to understand them. I have no time to start playing WW again at the moment and i cant find it anywhere on the internet. If anyone could tell me all the text of what they all said, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Djinn

and Tonic
The Jabun conversation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoo1HSX8qYk

I could not find any more videos so here is a text dump.

Valoo, after clearing D.R. Island:
O Hero! Thank you! O Hero! Use the wind god's wind!

Deku Tree:
That garb you wear... Could you be the legendary hero? Has the king at long last found the Hero of Time? What is the matter? Do you not understand the ancient Hylian tongue? So...you are not the Hero of Time.

Conversation between King of Red Lions and Jabun:
Jabun: (Translated) Well met, Hyrule King!
King of Red Lions: Well met indeed, Jabun. I am pleased to see that you are safe...
Jabun: (Translated) The events which we have long feared seem to have been set into motion.
King of Red Lions: Yes, it seems Ganon has returned. There can be no other explanation.
Jabun: (Translated) If you have sought me out...it must mean you have found the Hero of Time, does it not?
King of Red Lions: Unfortunately, that is not so.
Jabun: (Translated) Then for what purpose have you come to see me?
King of Red Lions: The one I have brought with me has no connection to the legendary one. And yet I sense great promise in the courage that this one possesses.
Jabun: (Translated) Promise? You suggest that I leave the fate of Hyrule up to chance?
King of Red Lions: I do. It is the only way.
Jabun: (Translated) I see. Then I suppose it is up to the gods to deem whether his courage is true. I give to you the guidepost to the gods.
You'll get Nayru's Pearl. Link starts to sail away.
Jabun: (Translated) This jewel should dispel the curse that Ganon has cast upon this land.
King of Red Lions: So...that foul rain and endless night were indeed elements of a curse brought on us by Ganon! He must intend to cast this land into pure darkness for all time...
Jabun: (Translated) Tell me, Hyrule King... Have you learned the whereabouts of the one who carries on the bloodline of the princess, Zelda?
King of Red Lions: ...I believe I have.
Jabun: (Translated) That is well. You must protect Zelda. She cannot be permitted to fall into the hands of Ganon. I am counting on you!

Conversation between King of Red Lions and Valoo:
King of Red Lions: Lord Valoo! You arrived not a moment too soon... We are deeply greatful.
Valoo: (Translated) Still...it is too soon for us to relax. Ganon cannot be destroyed by such simple means as wrath and fire.
King of Red Lions: I am aware of this. Yet I thought our first priority should be to separate these two from Ganon's grasp.
Valoo: (Translated) I see...and I agree. Very well, then! We are waiting on you!

Deku man

Just another nobody......
Yeah, Djiin pretty much has it all. I really wanted to know what it meant too, but I was stupid, and played it again, even though I didn't really want to.

J

japasownsnoobs

THX!!!

thx so much djinn! i've been looking for this EVERYWHERE!!!:):):):):)

i havnt beat the game quite yet and wanted to see!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

-japasownsnoobs

Watch your back!
-Piccolo GOOD ADVICE!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom