• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Ancient core

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
There are a couple treasure chests around that hold them, but typically they're just a rare drop from guardians. I don't believe decayed ones drop them, but other types should. I'm unaware of how frequently giant cores drop, so just keep at it.

Guardians that drop ancient cores may occasionally drop a giant ancient core. Cores are already sort of uncommon so you may need to make killing guardians a routine. Test of strength shrines are probably your best bet, the guardian scouts return every blood moon. A few of the test of strength and blessing shrines have chests containing giant ancient cores, as well.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
6 giant cores can be found in various shrines the rest comes from guardian bodies, Decayed ones do not drop them. best bet is hitting up the flying guardians

Guardians that drop ancient cores may occasionally drop a giant ancient core. Cores are already sort of uncommon so you may need to make killing guardians a routine.
Sort of uncommon??? I killed every guardian in Hyrule Field and didn't get a single one until several guardians later. =P Yeah you'll basically want to save all of your guardian weapons for hunting down guardians if you want to farm cores.

Thank you all, I've been having better luck doing in guardians so I'll stay with it.
Believe it or not when I wrote that post I sat down with the game and started the amiibos and first first one was the guardian and it gave up a giant ancient core first try, go figger lol.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
As usual I always run into materials when I least expect it. I swear, I didn't even know about the star fragments until I read about it and I checked my inventory and I had 11 in it. And even now when I don't need them I run into them very often. The same with ancient cores. The best way -at least to me- is to use a guardian axe and slash the living guardians. Cut off their legs etc. This will give you way more materials than using ancient arrows or dodge their laser attacks with your shield.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I'm almost there to the master sword ,l looking forward to it for sure!

Don't know if you know this, (on the off chance you don't) Master sword can't be thrown instead if you press the button to throw it and charge it, you can in fact fire sword beams (at full health i think). It's good to see some of the oldest mechanics return.

Incidentally would the Master Sword be affect by Ancient Armor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom