• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

An Interesting Idea for a Zelda Game

this idea was braught to mind when i was beating MM again, a Zelda game that revolves more around the Zora race, the next Link descendant is raised in Zora's domain (same way how WW Link was raised at Outset, and OOT Link was raised as a Kokori, ect.) and as the only human, the Zora rais him to attempt to bring him to have the same traits as a Zora, now here's something i thought would beinteresting the Zora i thought would be great to rais Link would be a descendant of Mikau from MM so he raises Link to be able to pull off the missile type of swimming (as in the speed he swims in as Zora Link), the Zora takes him to a Great Fairy (because i feel that the Great Fairies deserve a bigger role in the story of a game, except ya know, give them some clothes i'm trying to play a Zelda game here) and the Great Fairy grants Link the ability to breathe underwater as a Zora would be able to do.

So to make full use of this skill the game would have to involve ocean travel, much like WW but without a boat you just swim on your own because you're fast enough to do so and it would eliminate the need of having to change wind direction, you would still have your traditional Zelda items, a boomerang, bow and arrow, the Master Sword, ect. but the sword is something else to talk about since Link is now have been raised by a descendant of Mikau, he would have to attack like he did in MM so you may ask, "how would that work?" my answer to you is this, Link can have two methods of attack to please both traditional Zelda players and anyone who wants to see something new should appreciate, the first method is the classic sword and sheild , and the other can have Link take out two swords and use them in a similar way to how the Apprentice from Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 uses his lightsabers, except ya know, better, it's a substitute for the blades on Zora Link's arms.

so what do you think? i respect everyone's opinions

Squirrel

The Rodent King
That would completely change the game and it would be its own series. Almost everything underwater? Not gonna work.:shake: Then things would really be in 3D. If you notice, in OoT, all they did was give the game better graphics and change the view point. They hardly made it 3D except for the fact that you can jump off of- ya know, nevermind. I'm pretty sure you can do some of that sorta stuff in the 2D games, it just doesn't look 3D (which is what I mean by they only changed the view point). If you could go underwater, that would truly make it 3D. The only truly 3D factor in OoT and all the other games like it (MM, TP, SS) is the fact that you can aim upwards with your bow and boomerang. You can swim in 3D. That would totally change the game to add that factor.

i'm not saying to have most of the game underwater, it's just for the sake of ocean travel, it's like the boat and Epona, you only have them for the sak of traveling and they don't add to anything in the dungeons or anything

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Still he's pretty much a Zora. That takes the whole thing right out of the Hylians being strong and makes him seem less, well, Link-like. Then he's just kinda wierd.

i'm not saying he doesn't have to be a Hylian, that's why i added that he would be raised at Zora's Domain, it's like OOT Link who was dropped off at the okori Forest as an infant, he's born a Hylian but raised as a Kokori, i just felt that maybe there should be a new beginning ya know? in TP he comes out of being a farm boy into the ultimate hero and he uses his skills from the farming acts at his advantage, or Link of OOT who may or may not have had anything physical to occupy him, Wind Waker Link suffers from the same syndrom, and so on, but i respect your opinion

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Still, if he's too much like the Zoras then he doesn't seem Link-like anymore. No one would buy the game except for collections the same way that no one buys those Tingle games. It's an interesting concept but it wouldn't really make an interesting game.

alright then, fair enough, i just felt it wuld be good since Link has already had some out there changes, like in MM where he can become a Zora, Goron, or Deku, or like how in TP he could becom a wolf, and WW with one of the biggest gameplay chages of making theuse of sea travel wheile changing the wind's direction every now and then

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom