• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Amiibo Exploit

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
So I didn't notice any thread touching on this. It's been common knowledge for awhile now that there is Amiibo exploit in Breath of the Wild that can guarantee that Amiibo exclusives drop if done correctly, yet I only discovered this today and plan to test it. If I recall correctly, some amiibo exclusives will be impossible to obtain until you at least free one Divine Beast, so to use this to the maximum effect as early as possible, it's a good idea to have that done on the save file.

Basically, when you scan an amiibo the items in chests will be either two catagories: a "Big Hit" or "Great Hit". The odds of getting something from the Great Hit list is only 20%, the other 80% will be Big Hit loot that we probably don't want, and that's why using the method of saving, scanning, and going back to the previous save to rescan again can take a long time to pan out.

This method takes away a lot of the frustration, when set up the odds of getting Great Hits are 100% guarenteed (at least, supposedly) so you can get Amiibo exclusive gear in no time. So here's the way to do it: Scan the Amiibo, you'll more than likely get Big Hit loot. Save the game, and adjust the clock a day forward. Repeat this process 4 times, and on the 5th time you will get a Great Hit. If you want a particular Amiibo exclusive item but you don't get it when you scan, soft-reset, otherwise you'll lose the chance of the guarenteed Big Hit and will have to start the process over. As long as you soft-reset, you can scan until you get the particular Amiibo item you've been wanting.

Have any of you used this exploit? And does it work? I'm interested to hear what you all say!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
After spending some time with this, I can confirm it is a legitimate exploit. After getting the regular gear 4 times in a row, saving, and moving the date forward a day to do the process a 5th time, I was getting Amiibo exclusive gear without fail. I did it most recently with the Link Archer Amiibo and with each scan I'd either get a Knight's Bow, or Royal Bow. It seems there is still a randomized drop rate percantage associated with the exclusive gear. I wanted the Falcon Bow and it took 10 scans, I got the Knights Bow on 6 attempts, the Royal Bow on 3, and I got the Falcon Bow only once and it was on my 10th attempt.

This is pretty cool, I can't believe I never heard about it before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom