• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Amiibo Details

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-sheds-light-on-zelda-twilight-princess-hds-amiibo-features/

So, Famitsu has given us some concrete details on the Amiibo use of the game.

So, the Wolf Link Amiibo allows you to go through the "Trials of the beast". This allows you to go through this dungeon that can get you the bottomless wallet. Furthermore, every single stat of the dungeon is tracked(which leads me to believe that this dungeon could be randomly generated and maybe endless, which could be pretty cool). These stats are then transferred and used in Zelda U for some sort of use.

The Link Amiibo refill arrows
Zelda/Sheik refills your hearts

The Ganondorf Amiibo is a bit interesting. It doubles enemy damage. Let it be known that hero mode still exists in the game, so it's probably possible to do both and take 4 times as much damage. This makes me glad that Ganondorf is one of the few Amiibo I own. But it still isn't necessary nor important to the game.

Time to buy a Ganondorf amiibo then, first gonna play it on Hero Mode then HM with Ganondorf Amiibo:). After Zelda U launches i wil get Link and Zelda maybe earlier just got Hyrule Warriors and i want dat spinner:eek:

Neat that the dungeon sounds like a cave of ordeals thing i wanted more of that.The wallet upgrade sounds nice lol now you can use that magic armour for like a whole hour with all those extra rupees.

Pretty great things so far!

I figured they might have the wolf Link Ammibo compatible with Zelda Wii U. That might make me buy it. I still think it looks weird.
Supposedly that is the rumour floating around. That TPHD data on the wolf amiibo can be read by Zelda U. (well it's an upcoming future game, we all jsut assume that to be Zelda U)
I think this will be like Oracle of Ages/Seasons. Beat both games or do specific things on both games and you get some kind of bonus in Zelda U.

Supposedly that is the rumour floating around. That TPHD data on the wolf amiibo can be read by Zelda U. (well it's an upcoming future game, we all jsut assume that to be Zelda U)
I think this will be like Oracle of Ages/Seasons. Beat both games or do specific things on both games and you get some kind of bonus in Zelda U.

Zelda Wii U being able to read the Wolf Link Amiibo is not a rumor. It was confirmed in the November Nintendo Direct when TP HD was first revealed.

Zelda Wii U being able to read the Wolf Link Amiibo is not a rumor. It was confirmed in the November Nintendo Direct when TP HD was first revealed.
I thought Nintendo just said "upcomnig future game" in that Nintendo Direct. But I could be wrong. I did watch the EU and not the NA direct so you could have gotten slightly different info to me. Even still, we all know the only game this could be is Zelda U.

I thought Nintendo just said "upcomnig future game" in that Nintendo Direct. But I could be wrong. I did watch the EU and not the NA direct so you could have gotten slightly different info to me. Even still, we all know the only game this could be is Zelda U.

The trailer on youtube says wolf link Amiibo will be used in Zelda U.

Interesting that it only specifies wolf link. I figured the smash Zelda amiibo would keep their tphd functions for Zelda U...

Still, I think at this point its hard to say it links because of lore.
And maybe wolf link will only work if its clean. Maybe you'll need a separate wolf link Amiibo for Zelda U, since amiibo can only write to one game. Zelda U may be able to read wolf link but I doubt it'll be able to write to it if there is already tphd on it.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The trailer on youtube says wolf link Amiibo will be used in Zelda U.

Interesting that it only specifies wolf link. I figured the smash Zelda amiibo would keep their tphd functions for Zelda U...

Still, I think at this point its hard to say it links because of lore.
And maybe wolf link will only work if its clean. Maybe you'll need a separate wolf link Amiibo for Zelda U, since amiibo can only write to one game. Zelda U may be able to read wolf link but I doubt it'll be able to write to it if there is already tphd on it.
Wolf Link is likely taking the data from TPHD and transferring it to Zelda U.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
I hope they allow damage stacking with Hero mode/Gannondorf Amiibo. I don't think I ever felt in danger of dying in a playthrough of TP.

Makes me a bit more interested in picking this up now.

My question is can you just keep using the Amiibo to constantly refill you stuff. Like your about to die, Zelda and/or Shiek to the rescue. Plus what did they say for Toon Link? Arrows?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
My question is can you just keep using the Amiibo to constantly refill you stuff. Like your about to die, Zelda and/or Shiek to the rescue. Plus what did they say for Toon Link? Arrows?
You can only use Amiibos once per day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom