• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Maybe the thought is he'll just break out of jail.

We don't know if it'll kill or exile him, though. Or transform him for that matter

SMM Games have often been trials of persistence. Neither Carnage nor Hobgoblin went down easily, but at the end of the day they did get taken out by the force of the good ol' town vote.

If we want to stop the Mafia as threats to the town, we may have to arrest certain members multiple times or manifest unreasonable-seeming thresholds against them. But we can't just sit on our thumbs and hope that Spidey and Torch, as nice as they are, will do all the work. As for Fisk himself, his arrest would at LEAST offer a fair chance of springing Rag from the Maf alignment, effectively eliminating two threats from the active player pool for the time being, and I for one trust that good can and will come of that.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
If Mafia offs another town player our only option is to jail mafia and assure mutual destruction, which I'm sure KoD or whoever you answer to now would be a fan of.
You are probably right, but town is also currently gunning for KoD (and has been since the start of day). Applying the same logic, if town (and certain superheroes) are going to go after mafia, then mafia is forced to start killing town -- even if that assures mutual destruction.

I don't really agree with the budding wagon on Abigail, and I think it's honestly pretty foolish to arrest the most pro-mafia town, but cooperation is a two-way street: you can't expect a cease-fire when your side also isn't ceasing.

On a related note, it's becoming increasingly clear that town doesn't have a way to keep villains locked up. Short of the superheroes figuring out how to keep folks jailed, a more permanent (and criminal) solution is probably the best tool that town has.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
It's also relevant to mention again that any death is a indirect attack against the Superheroes as a whole. If the only reason that Superheroes have to not kill someone is removed, those that caused their defeat may have cause to worry, depending on who the Superheroes are. What do I know though?

I don't necessarily agree with the town going after the mafia, but it is not yet clear to me that hostilities are at a complete stand-still. There's been fewer deaths, but is that a result of the mafia as a whole choosing to follow a mutually beneficial path, or merely a result of there being fewer commanders to give the orders? Time will tell.

Supposedly, the town has Freddeh, who should hypothetically be able to make it more difficult for players to get out of jail. I also don't have reason to believe he's the only one with means to work on that front. It's disheartening to see the work of the past being undone in the present, but we soldier onward.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
You are probably right, but town is also currently gunning for KoD (and has been since the start of day). Applying the same logic, if town (and certain superheroes) are going to go after mafia, then mafia is forced to start killing town -- even if that assures mutual destruction.

I don't really agree with the budding wagon on Abigail, and I think it's honestly pretty foolish to arrest the most pro-mafia town, but cooperation is a two-way street: you can't expect a cease-fire when your side also isn't ceasing.

On a related note, it's becoming increasingly clear that town doesn't have a way to keep villains locked up. Short of the superheroes figuring out how to keep folks jailed, a more permanent (and criminal) solution is probably the best tool that town has.
We are hoping KoD's death will either free mafia of their loyalty to him or eliminate the Green Goblin, who seems to be a pretty big threat, if not both. I'm hoping that most or all of the Mafia faction will be able to become self-aligned.

I feel a lot safer with Storm around actually in some ways, since we all know he's a threat so Town doesn't have to worry about the mafia win-con triggering as much.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
It's also relevant to mention again that any death is a indirect attack against the Superheroes as a whole. If the only reason that Superheroes have to not kill someone is removed, those that caused their defeat may have cause to worry, depending on who the Superheroes are. What do I know though?

I don't necessarily agree with the town going after the mafia, but it is not yet clear to me that hostilities are at a complete stand-still. There's been fewer deaths, but is that a result of the mafia as a whole choosing to follow a mutually beneficial path, or merely a result of there being fewer commanders to give the orders? Time will tell.

Supposedly, the town has Freddeh, who should hypothetically be able to make it more difficult for players to get out of jail. I also don't have reason to believe he's the only one with means to work on that front. It's disheartening to see the work of the past being undone in the present, but we soldier onward.
I don't want to go after mafia, but I'm not gonna let solid town get opportunistically picked off.

Mafia either needs to find and eliminate the goblin or get culted one by one without knowing what kind of wincon awaits them.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
i don't even necessarily want to kill kod. i don't care about kod honestly. but his refusal to work with the town (and his blowing up over nothing even though iirc the bugle didn't talk about him at all since i joined the thread (seriously - crying about how the bugle is constantly running smear campaigns against you when your name isn't even in the ****ing paper, cmon dude)) and the biggest reason of all is that i'd rather not lynch/arrest/whatever abigail. if voting for kod means abigail doesn't get arrested then that's what i'm doing

also i'm a torch stan i'll do whatever torch says tbh. yas king

also.... who the **** bailed out storm
i feel like ****ing sisyphus man

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
also.... who the **** bailed out storm
i feel like ****ing sisyphus man
it could have been 1 of a few people
and since I have caused Freddeh severe Financial Loss, that only leaves like one person we know of, and several we dont.

flavor text says my case was thrown out due to lack of evidence by the DA
you know, Janice Lincoln's dad is Tombstone. maybe he had something to do with it?

Skystone

I, Chocobo
I'd be curious to know what that number is, though I honestly don't think you should want to make it public. Also, while you are correct in that mafia kills harm the superhero win, the same essential logic applies as before: Spider-Man is gunning for KoD, which motivates KoD (and mafia) not to holster. It's kind of a tragedy of the commons in that one bad actor on either side prevents hostilities from ever subsiding (and certain actors are admittedly somewhat combative).

Kind of unfortunate.

We are hoping KoD's death will either free mafia of their loyalty to him or eliminate the Green Goblin, who seems to be a pretty big threat, if not both. I'm hoping that most or all of the Mafia faction will be able to become self-aligned.
You might just get a Green Goblia then.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I wasn't voting KoD until a few Abigail votes went out.

If we agree to lynch someone else, that's fine with me, but we're not lynching town today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom