• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
so yall can lynch me? nuh uh

and I die when lynched instead of arrested so I'd REALLY appreciate not being voted out this phase
Have you gotten any of my wire transfers? I sent you one the previous day while you were captured and also sent you one today.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I don't think so
I don't see any mentions of receiving those in my DMs at least

what could they do?
Anyone in the game can message each other by sending wire transfer payments of $1 with a $6 fee and confirm their character names.

The one I sent today might not have resolved yet, but maybe someone is able to interfere with wire transfers if you haven't gotten anything. I guess I'll have to be more careful about what goes through in the future.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
From what I have managed to glean thus far, it is very likely the case that the mafia factions, combined, are equivalent in size or even slightly larger (in terms of player numbers) than town. The basic math here is that minimally-sized mafia factions are probably going to consist, on average, of about two players (i.e., a don and at least one goon). On Silverfish's finding that there are (at least) three factions, we are dealing with at least 6+ mafia, but I honestly very strongly suspect the existence of at least four such factions (I believe, based on role name and on the fact that the Kingpin has since stopped posting, that Killjoy was a don). As such, we are probably dealing with ~8 or so mafia and ~4 (possibly now 3) faction kills. If we assume a similar number of town-aligned players and an appropriately large number of origin players (who, I assume, are likely to become superheroes/villains), that covers most of the game's roles and leaves a few slots for less common alignments. (Did Zinger hint at/stated origin-aligned numbers? Part of me thinks that he did, but I can't recall for sure.)

If the above is true, then it is almost certainly the case that mafia dons who target townies are themselves the biggest threat to a mafia victory (on the basis that, minus supervillains and other threats, mafia very likely fulfills or, at least, nearly fulfills its victory condition from the very start of the game). Zinger alluded in the death post for this morning that the deaths overnight were likely mafia-induced, which suggests to me that at least two dons are probably undeserving of their titles. Or, more generously, they're under-informed.

Even with that caveat, though, this is kind of a grim finding for town: fighting a war against mafia may well be a losing proposition, except insofar as mafia ought to to avoid killing town at all and should only be targeting supervillains (as superheroes/townies don't impinge on mafia's ability to win), while fighting a two-front war against threats (killing supervillains on the one hand, and parring down mafia numbers on the other) would seem to be a nigh-herculean task. Either we need to find some way to advance the development of superheroes, or we else need a means to limit the slaughter. At minimum, we need to stop letting lynches stall out below threshold. It's all well and good to try and lynch a KoD or a Storm or what not, but if we can't push the lynch through, then we need, at least, to have some back-up targets.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
My implicit addendum to the above is that, if a town-mafia coalition of the sort alluded to by Abigail is possible, then that is likely the best path to a town victory. It is unclear to me, however, whether this is plausible (as opposed to mechanically possible), as there's a lot of room for treachery, mostly (and obviously) from the mafia factions.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
From what I have managed to glean thus far, it is very likely the case that the mafia factions, combined, are equivalent in size or even slightly larger (in terms of player numbers) than town. The basic math here is that minimally-sized mafia factions are probably going to consist, on average, of about two players (i.e., a don and at least one goon). On Silverfish's finding that there are (at least) three factions, we are dealing with at least 6+ mafia, but I honestly very strongly suspect the existence of at least four such factions (I believe, based on role name and on the fact that the Kingpin has since stopped posting, that Killjoy was a don). As such, we are probably dealing with ~8 or so mafia and ~4 (possibly now 3) faction kills. If we assume a similar number of town-aligned players and an appropriately large number of origin players (who, I assume, are likely to become superheroes/villains), that covers most of the game's roles and leaves a few slots for less common alignments. (Did Zinger hint at/stated origin-aligned numbers? Part of me thinks that he did, but I can't recall for sure.)

If the above is true, then it is almost certainly the case that mafia dons who target townies are themselves the biggest threat to a mafia victory (on the basis that, minus supervillains and other threats, mafia very likely fulfills or, at least, nearly fulfills its victory condition from the very start of the game). Zinger alluded in the death post for this morning that the deaths overnight were likely mafia-induced, which suggests to me that at least two dons are probably undeserving of their titles. Or, more generously, they're under-informed.

Even with that caveat, though, this is kind of a grim finding for town: fighting a war against mafia may well be a losing proposition, except insofar as mafia ought to to avoid killing town at all and should only be targeting supervillains (as superheroes/townies don't impinge on mafia's ability to win), while fighting a two-front war against threats (killing supervillains on the one hand, and parring down mafia numbers on the other) would seem to be a nigh-herculean task. Either we need to find some way to advance the development of superheroes, or we else need a means to limit the slaughter. At minimum, we need to stop letting lynches stall out below threshold. It's all well and good to try and lynch a KoD or a Storm or what not, but if we can't push the lynch through, then we need, at least, to have some back-up targets.
I said i am willing to work with town. Im doing what i can to investigate with what skills are at my disposal. Which is figuring out what chats are out there and maybe limiting out of the field Role claims from this potential 8 man Gang War

Skystone

I, Chocobo
I agree, at the very least, that you have been remarkably inoffensive for a supervillain (and that, consequently, I would be willing to lynch/jail essentially any other supervillain before you). Insofar as you can work with town, though, this necessarily entails that you become a non-threat -- in which case you are also, presumably, not an obstacle to a mafia victory.

(And I imagine that your display with Killjoy is likely to dissuade attempts on your life.)

so yall can lynch me? nuh uh

and I die when lynched instead of arrested so I'd REALLY appreciate not being voted out this phase
I think there's something suspicious going on with you, so I'm voting you because I'm worried about reprecussions of voting Storm or KoD. However. I want to know your threshold so that I can know how much of an impact my 1 vote is making

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
In theory, the Bugle could fact check someone who is allegedly both mafia and not a threat to town, but it would take a bit of work to find definitive mafia and test their threat status in a timely manner.

We need to threshold someone today, I agree.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
In theory, the Bugle could fact check someone who is allegedly both mafia and not a threat to town, but it would take a bit of work to find definitive mafia and test their threat status in a timely manner.

We need to threshold someone today, I agree.
Would it not be best to fact-check a known mafia player before an alleged coalition is formed, then fact-check the same player again afterwards? In theory, they'd yield different results each time. (I don't know exactly how your process works, though.)

Skystone

I, Chocobo
I think there's something suspicious going on with you, so I'm voting you because I'm worried about reprecussions of voting Storm or KoD. However. I want to know your threshold so that I can know how much of an impact my 1 vote is making
Perhaps you are merely risk-adverse, but this approach is inherently problematic. If you are actually town, then you really shouldn't care too much about individual repercussions - you win if your alignment your wins, so your only goal should be eliminating threats. If, however, you are not town, then you probably would (and should) care about such repercussions, as you are much more likely to lose if you die.

That is, from a town perspective, refusing to eliminate threats on the basis of self-preservation is counterproductive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom