• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

My issue is the super wealthy dont seem to care about us regular players. Their roles are so front loaded that they dont have to worry about what happens with regular players. Storm to me is like a modern day robin hood, and may be one of the few roles that can get around players with layers and layers of armor. And I wonder if players voting him are more concerned about him being a threat to their money, rather than trying to eliminate a threat to town.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
My issue is the super wealthy dont seem to care about us regular players. Their roles are so front loaded that they dont have to worry about what happens with regular players. Storm to me is like a modern day robin hood, and may be one of the few roles that can get around players with layers and layers of armor. And I wonder if players voting him are more concerned about him being a threat to their money, rather than trying to eliminate a threat to town.
He's a threat to the Bugle, which is a pro-Town newspaper.

I'd rather not put our employees in a financially risky position given that some of them make a lot less than others and some might have financial needs as well.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
Yeah it was what Storm said, they used he/him pronouns for Rag.

I have noticed that some NGA people have done so before too, but I don't remember who. Rag said Lunch is one and that sounds right. Though I feel like either KoD or Numbers has also before. Maybe I'm misremembering there though.
The only two NGAers (other than, as Rag says, Lunch) who strike me as possible culprits here are Tevish and Hello World. On current assumptions, Hello World is Stan Lee, so that just leaves Tevish as our Kingpin (considering only the NGA crowd, and excluding the possibility that this was bait). It does strike me as Tevish-like to make a post as the Kingpin with the explicit intention of distancing himself from the account, so that might be an angle worth pursuing. (Though it would be kind of funny if the Kingpin did do a stint as a mere divine spider.)

I'm fairly certain that Numbers hasn't done that (except maybe once as a typo or something).

We've got someone who could maybe become Big Man and we've got someone who could maybe be brainwashed into being the Hobgoblin on staff, yes.

Neither of them have really spoken on if those are included in their roles, but they might have posting restrictions.

I don't think we have a potential Venom in the staff, actually.
I have it on dubious authority (i.e., the rumor mill) that JJJ is in the Big Man's pocket and that the Big Man is or thinks of himself as the Kingpin of Crime. So Foswell might already be a villain.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
As far as the Storm situation goes, I agree that he is unlikely to be town. He is also making a nuisance of himself. This thus strikes me as a good lynch/arrest.

I agree, though, that we might also want to explore a mass arrest on a hard-to-kill player. KoD seems like a good candidate, and the set of roles that he's likely to have are also not thematically too town-like. Thus, we might consider massing votes on KoD before the next vote count. If KoD is not arrested, we could switch our votes back to Storm before the hard deadline.

I agree on trying KoD, but if there was a way to drain his money first, then put him at L-1 it would be better.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
In other news, I think it may be possible that the spider bit two people, going off of the earth 616 wiki. Because apparently some person named cindy was also bitten at the same time as peter and became Silk later.
Silk canonicly was there, yes, but she is a relatively new character in the Marvel Comics universe, only almost a decade old, I think from a relaunch type thing of Amazing Spiderman (still part of the same continuity though)? Idk if Zinger has a cut off timeframe of characters to draw from, or like, what era of storylines he likes and which he stopped reading or doesn't care about.

I just feel like, from his description of his ability, it's too random to ever be beneficial to town. Like, imagine it, hypothetically town at all costs needs to stop a wealthy player fsr. Storm's power is not coming in clutch for us.

Also like, if some of yall aren't familar with Storm: it's totally in his nature to purposely cause chaos. He's the kind of player who would lie about his ability being out of control just so he can be a loose cannon for the heck of it, lol. Not saying he's lying about that part, but I wouldn't put it past him to do that.

I'm fine voting either KoD or Storm today.

@Vroendal thank you!!!!! I didn't spend much time on the lineart, and I don't feel it's that good. My goal is to at least make one or two really good pieces, maybe Spectacular or Amazing, even!!! Hehe!

Asfinyti

aka amber
Also like, if some of yall aren't familar with Storm: it's totally in his nature to purposely cause chaos. He's the kind of player who would lie about his ability being out of control just so he can be a loose cannon for the heck of it, lol. Not saying he's lying about that part, but I wouldn't put it past him to do that.
i see
vote: storm

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I am the only one who can stop the goblin from coming. My role is money based

Im still Origin Aligned. I only transform into the Gaudiest Green outfit ive ever seen if i run out of money. Thats why i asked for such a high amount. Im being nickel and dimed by bills and **** here

You do realize my role is made so these 1%ers cant get away with their money, right?
That's only true if you can actively target these 1%ers. Otherwise your role is made to screw over the already struggling working man. Kinda like Rubik seems to be implying you're doing now.

I think KoD is the greater threat at the moment than Storm. It concerns me that Storm is specifically targeting the Bugle, but with the evidence from the Bugle, I'm like 90% sure KoD has to be a supervillain with the combination of "has an R in alignment" and "has contacted someone out of thread.

But I want to wait for KoD to speak up before switching my vote over.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
That's only true if you can actively target these 1%ers. Otherwise your role is made to screw over the already struggling working man. Kinda like Rubik seems to be implying you're doing now.
I dont get to choose who i target. I just flip a switch. But its locked in. I cant undo it. Imagine if i hit Fisk LTD or Oscorp. Theyd be gping bonkers.

I dont get to choose who i target. I just flip a switch. But its locked in. I cant undo it. Imagine if i hit Fisk LTD or Oscorp. Theyd be gping bonkers.
The Bugle isn't even going bonkers so I doubt somebody with even more cash flow would be. Rubik legit described your role as a minor annoyance. You aren't going to be the powerhouse you think you are. Conversely you've basically outted yourself as a pending supervillain that will stab town in the face for a dollar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom