• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

The paper will burn itself down. Watch when Ned Leeds goes Hobgoblin, we have a repeat of Hobgoblin Lives, and the space mission goes defunct and brings Venom in to cause chaos in a noncanon way and Carnage goes on a rampage.

Then we'll see evil. And everyone will get what they deserve.

And this time when there is a trial with lots of villains vying for Spidey to plead guilty, I won't be there to save him. I'll watch with contempt from the sidelines as town burns.

I'm with CL and Storm on this one. Town wrote it's own death sentence.

I'm with CL and Storm on this one. Town wrote it's own death sentence.

Town *and Mafia* wrote their own death sentences.

There, fixed it for you. :P

But in all seriousness, you are not wrong KoD. The Town and Mafia do not occupy their traditional roles in this game. While their win conditions bear a lot in common with the traditional T/M win cons of other games, from a design standpoint they are far from traditional.

And chances are, by the time they all figure out what game they're really playing, it will all be too late. :shrugs:

I mean, they provoked Electro into finishing his origin story before Spider-Man managed to, even. If that is not a clear and present sign of the dangerous path players are barrelling down, well, I don't know what is.

May whatever gods they pray to have mercy on them all.

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Unfortunately I do not have a sponser, but I am always up for taking donations! Talk to the PM if you'd like to support the Spidey fund. Please...superhero stuff does NOT pay ...
f7b3f6b926cb31a17d4928d076febab4.svg

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Hey buddy, you are on fire!!! Keep keeping the city safe! A TOAST to new friends!
I appreciate your support. Perhaps we'll even work together in the future. I will think warmly of you if your path goes down the narrow and no updrafts occur. When you know you have understood your responsibility, reach out to me again.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
The methods have not been working. The prophecy against KoD has been self-fulfilled. Whether or not either the aggressors or the defense were justified in their words or actions is up for debate, but a new day has dawned with the past behind us. In an attempt to impede Storm, he became that which most feared would happen. It is possible a similar arc will occur for many, at this rate.

Something needs to change, drastically. I think what needs to change is a general outlook. I'm unsure what the outlook should be specifically changed to, because I'm unsure what the actual endgame is supposed to be. Those who may know seem to be tight-lipped about the matter. However, I think if collaboration is possible at all, we should attempt to pursue it.

I wish to speak with The Kingpin in particular, if that position is currently functioning. My conclusion is that our interests should be more or less aligned until we reach the endgame, but our tactics until now have been in opposition. I wish to begin rectifying that, if at all possible. It seems clear to me that as a baseline, Storm should be taken as what Supervillains might look like in the future. Forced down a path by other players and the story, but mechanically someone who will by definition oppose the majority. From what I gather, standard votes will not affect him, and so I'm thinking that votes from Sock Accounts/special characters will. I also want to hear your opinion on Captan_Lunch, and especially whether he is someone I should not pursue if we are to work together.

Do The Kingpin, The Black Cat, Spiderman, and/or other unknown characters wish to come to an agreement that we shall vote Storm as a group today, attempting to jail him? If we do not decide, I will not attempt to try this regarding Storm in the future.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Vroendal, you seem to be someone who might have an idea of the endgame who is also in the Active Player Pool. Is there anything you're able to share about it that might help?

This goes for anyone too. If you could provide anything helpful, whether publicly or via the Daily Bugle, maybe something can be arranged, for either the short-term or the long-term.

I'm the getting the idea more and more that as a thread we're self-destructing when we should instead be building each other up.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Yeah, i dont read the paper very closely lol.
So im for sure origin, mafia, or supervillain. But, I wont claim which until i learn how the game is balanced.
I was about to vote KoD again because even if he's not a town threat now, he very much intends to be one soon. But uhhh

Vote Captain Lunch

Fully agree Storm is probably gonna need to be jailed for town to win but this reads like villain or mafia and I don't love it.

Hey, super friends, are you able to defeat Storm in combat to jail him?

Skystone

I, Chocobo
"They" wanted to verify my name, and "they" got that with the invasion into my privacy by the Daily Bugle. Then "they" wanted more than what "they" originally wanted by deciding that even though mod confirmed information proved I have an "i" in my alignment, and thus are neither town or mafia, I'm deserving of being jailed over being Wilson Fisk without conclusive proof of whether or not I am an actual threat.
Town and mafia are arguably, depending on which rumors we believe, the least two threatening alignments to a mass victory, and Fisk has definite villain vibes, so it's not like you can really blame them.
Storm killed a mafia in self defense and people are voting him? What a scummy wagon
Storm killed a mafia in self-defense with an ability that is only thematically compatible with Storm having transformed into a specific villain (Electro), and everyone voting for Storm mysteriously has a vote from Electro. It's a pretty secure line of reasoning, and it's probably also in your interest to see him dead/arrested/neutralized.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Hey, super friends, are you able to defeat Storm in combat to jail him?
Hypothetically, I am. Since most players are already voting him, if we manage to push past his threshold over the remaining course of the day, I might not even need to. This is assuming that his threshold is one of arrest, and not death.

Vote: Storm

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Not being able to edit my posts is annoying.

If the Daily Bugle/other companies are able to vote Storm, your efforts would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom