• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Am I the only one who prefers 3D Zelda games?

I believe we're talking about 3D environments, not stereoscopic 3D. In that case, the only two 3D Zelda games on a portable console is Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, both if which are remakes.

In conclusion, those of use wanting a new 3D Zelda game on a handheld console have been denied, up until Breath of the Wild, where we will have the option.
well then what's aLBW

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
well then what's aLBW
A 2D game with stereoscopic 3D. It's 2D because the game is more concerned with the up, down, left, and right directions, outside of a few tektite jumps. There's no camera control, no ability to look upward, and everything is layered on levels, which can easily be computed as being on the same plane.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, there are some rooms where you move up and down pretty seamlessly. But rooms like that can only be designed a certain way without the ability to see in any other direction.

I like the 3D games typically more than the 2D ones. I'm really excited for Breath of the Wild but it seems to be a departure from the series and it doesn't seem to play the same way as the otehr 3D Zelda games do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom