• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Am I the Only One Who Misses the Old Triforce Quest?

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Seriously. Everyone's all yay! No more Charts and ssstuff.... Tbh, I was like that too, an then I played it and I was like, "Hm... Something's not right. What are your thoughts?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Why would I prefer wasting time by having to find charts that have to be deciphered for sh*tloads of money by going to a specific location so that I can THEN find Triforce pieces? It's a really ******** concept, and I'm honestly surprised even some charts having to be deciphered was a thing.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I only miss it due to force of habit. A similar thing in a separate game - Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD - happened to me. In the original KH1 and original FM, you had to hit up on the d-pad to access the talk/examine commands. However they are mapped to the Triangle button in FMHD. So yeah, it's just a force of habit sort of missing.

However the updated TForce quest is miles ahead, and I'm sure if I continue to play the game and get it memorized, I'll have no qualms with it and even begin to dislike the original one.

HappyMask

One Creepy Salesman
Haha. I respect your opinions.
Also, it encourages exploration, which is what the game is about.

Salem

SICK
Why even have charts in general? Why can't Link just be given the reward instead of whatever the chart supposed to give? See how that works?

Night Owl

~Momentai
I feel that they left the few charts they did in, as to not alienate those who really liked the quest.

I have yet to actually play WWHD, but I'm sure I'll be happy not to be blindly robbed by Tingle.
I think that's the only part of the quest that I really disliked.

Big Octo

=^)
Although I won't completely miss it, I will say that the original Triforce Quest didn't bother me as much as the next guy. I loved searching for the charts and salvaging the shards themselves, it just brings such an adventurous feeling to me and I cannot really explain why. Concerning the price of deciphering the charts, I've never found money hard to come by in The Wind Waker, and, more often than not, I'd gather enough rupees to decipher a chart after I found it.

Now, they way it's done in TWWHD is surely an improvement. I didn't hate the quest with a passion, sure, but it felt drawn-out at times, and I would certainly refer to it as padding.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Wish they did away with it entirely and added those scrapped dungeons.

The scrapped dungeons were used in other games, they can't do that.

I feel that they left the few charts they did in, as to not alienate those who really liked the quest.

I have yet to actually play WWHD, but I'm sure I'll be happy not to be blindly robbed by Tingle.
I think that's the only part of the quest that I really disliked.

He'll still rob you, 1194 rupees will still be required

Salem

SICK
You get a lot of money in this game, what I liked about the triforce quest was that you get to spend it, now you probably spend less this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom