• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Am I the Only One Who Feels Kind of Bad for Zant? ;-;

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
Zant chose to go with Gannondorf. He also chose to mope. He wasn't fit to be a leader, and Midna is. So, there is no reason to feel sorry for him. If anything, he is a loser who felt sorry for himself.

fyeahh-gina

一剣の戦いの美しさ
I wasn't saying that Zant should of been the leader or anything, I just felt kind of bad for him. And I know he chose to follow Ganon, but it still doesn't change the fact that Ganon just used him. I don't know, maybe I just have a soft spot for a lot of the LOZ characters. That's just how I am. But everyone has their opinions, thank you for sharing them with me ^_^

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Zant kind of looks sad but he kind of insane. Maybe they should just put him in the twilight realm group home for Twili?

H

Hero of Storms2

I dont feel bad for him because at first he was kind of cool and creepy but when it got to his cutscene he became the "Lord Of Dance" which then I just wanted destroy him without having to look at his ugly face again :sword::S

Zant was a weak character - he was used by Ganondorf, yes, but he chose to attack Midna, betray his own people. What made him weak IMO was the fact that he refused to see that what he was doing was wrong. At best he was rather pathetic (intimidating, but pathetic still). He cannot stay collected when it comes to any kind of difficulties, he practically lives through Ganondorf's life. (The end cutscene, where Zant snaps his own neck, I think it was symbol for Zant's final loss. Ganondorf was all he had left and even that didn't work out.)

Of course Zant was strong in physical way, but he wasn't a leader. He could not handle hard situations and he was far too dependable on Ganondorf. I think Zant just tried to be in power, not caring if he had earned it and if he deserved it.

I didn't feel bad for him, he chose everything by himself, he was weak, pathetic (maybe a bit insecure?), but that also made him kind of interesting.

Ganondork

goo
In a way I felt kind of bad for Zant, and also I didn't.

Let's start with why I wouldn't feel bad for him. Midna's father died - probably from Zant's hand - and he tried to usurp the throne from Midna. Upon finding his God, Ganondorf, he decided to bathe Hyrule in Twilight. He greatly damaged Midna after the Lakebed Temple, causing Link - who Zant forced into his Wolf form - to have to take her to Zelda.

And yet, you can't help but still feeling a twinge of sympathy for him. He was being controlled by Ganondorf, who brought Zant to a point where he grew mad with power. Even with his new found power, he was still Ganondorf's puppet through and through. There was nothing he could truly do to stop Ganondorf, even if he didn't agree with his God's views. His power was more than just extreme strength and command over an army of Twilight monsters; he could not be killed as long as Ganondorf lived. Upon the death of Ganondorf, Zant's neck snapped and he died.

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, I see where you're coming from.

Anyways, Zant, to me, is the representative of many things that is bad about humans. He was a greedy little turd. He was a guy who wasn't able to move on after Midna was chosen to be ruler instead of him. He was (in his mind) more capable of leading a people better than Midna, so he was upset he wasn't chosen. He was a big coward, who couldn't do anything by himself, as well. Let's admit it, Zant was as mental as Majora was(of course, in a somewhat different way). When Ganondorf gave him power, he was to become a machine of destruction. He was vile, and hated people, so he unleashed his wrath over everything, both the Twilight Realm and Hyrule.

His mental stability is also, well, unstable. We can see this because when he had the power, and everything was under control, he was this cool, calm, collected villain. We see this when he attacked Castle Town, and when he confronted Link in Lanayru's Spring. Although he was still cool in Lanayru, we could see his deranged mentality leak out. The guy was frustrated, because Link came that far already, and he was sure that without his personal intervention, Link will succeed. Fast forward later to when Link managed to get to his throne room in the Palace of Twilight, we see the true Zant emerge. He was upset because Link (is almost about to) foil his plans. He seen his plan shatter right in front of his very eyes. It's just like how he was when Midna got the throne instead of him.

“I had served and endured in that depraved household for far too long, my impudent princess. And why, you ask? Because I believed that I would be the next to rule our people! THAT is why!” ~Zant

See? Now, I still sympathize for him, because he was neglected, and unwanted, but he was still a low villain. That said, I still think that Zant was one of the most bad*** villains the series has seen. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom