• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Am I the Only One Who Doesn't Like It?

How could you not? It's awesome D: Two different worlds, Orchestrated music.... >: 0
you call that lovely 16 bit sound orchestrated?

back on the topic, i never really got into A link to the Past that much either. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game but I didn't like it that much. I constantly got lost, I practically had to rely on walkthroughs to get me through it. Heck my first time playing the game i died 112 times, that's pathetic. The story was great, the characters were great and the game play was great but it was a bit too difficult in terms of puzzles.

Ya Lttp Was kinda of a doosy. when I was a kid I got it for my GBA, and I go stuck on the water temple, I almost cam to hate the game, it wasn't tell I was 14 where I was able to beat it, 15 when I completing it, Making it the first zelda I ever completed, No I can go and complete it in two days. Lttp was one of those games that you come to like with age.:)

Conor

the over analysing guy
I personally loved it, it was the first zelda game I actually OWNED, got it for christmas as well as super mario world on GBA, although I played the latter a lot more haha.

I respect your opinion but could you at least tell us why you don't like it?

I am in the middle of ALttP and I wasn't very fond of it at first but then I started to really enjoy it. The game is extremely hard simply because it's unfair. I walked through a door in a dungeon and as it showed Link walking through (I couldn't do anything) I got hit TWICE.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I personally didn't like the game until I got to the Dark World. It was as if the difficulty shot from one star to five stars. And for a person who had only played console games and TWW, I wasn't used to this difficulty. I panicked at my inability to defeat the enemies (or even locate some small keys). Once I got the hammer, everything got much easier. I had played the game before, a long time ago, when I was four and couldnt remember what that fun game was called.

But now, four years after first getting the GBA version, ALttP is my third favorite Zelda game, and it would be first, if it were remade in 3D. I believe that with my entire heart. I regularly 100% speed-run ALttP (usually twice a day, where I can finish it in just over 2 hours (I'm making it my goal to beat the 2:00:01 record set by Philippe Brisson, and in reality, it should be about 1:59:3x (he's playing the French version, with longer text). I'm usually between 5-10 seconds off his French game record, but I want to hit below 1:59:30, so that it is indisputable). I also can give you just about every bit of information on how ALttP affected future games also.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
In all fairness, I agree with others above that you could give some reasons as to why you don't like the game. Not because we want to make you like it, but to have a better understanding of your opinion of it, and therefore, a few more points to argue. On the other side, maybe it's just not your kind of game, and that's fine. Not everybody will like every game, even if it's as acclaimed as A Link to the Past. There is no completely objective way to judge this kind of things, to be honest.

Anyway, I have to admit I haven't finished ALttP, because of the difficulty, mainly. But some people are likely to find that a good aspect because of hoe gratifying it feel to beat a difficult game, so I'd rather not bring that up as an issue (just in my opinion). I can also see some people not liking it that much if they grew up with the 3D games (not that those are better, they are probably just used to a different way of presentation).

I personally like most of what I have seen of the game, the music, settings, story so far. But I guess I have an idea of why you wouldn't.

geek4887

The Unknown
This game was pretty epic! For the capabilities of the SNES, this one really pushed it to the limits, and it was executed properly! This is probably the mother of most modern zelda games. Dual world? Heck, that was even better! Sure, there's some minor things there like, "why is his hair pink? that's not right", but that's probably my only concern. Anyways, it's your opinion, not mine. I'm just listing the good things i found in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom