• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All Newtwo Speculations and News

Do you like the New Pokémon?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• In between

• Total voters

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well now this just looks rather stupid to me, I mean they take one of the most mature pokemon and one of the best designs and then turn it into this, even though I'm not a fan of the series anymore this just baffles me as to why they would change his design into.....whatever this is. To be honest I cant see Mewtwo being one of the most infamous pokemon now :/

GameFreak probably know that making this a Mewtwo form would make a lot of people upset. That's why I think it's MewThree. It keeps up with the design of the Mew Family (mostly).

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The English Pokémon site says that it's a whole new Pokémon, but has a connection with Mewtwo. I'm thinking that it's another successful clone of Mew.

If this is actually the case then they did a pretty poor job of designing it. It has virtually the exact same face and coloration as Mewtwo. At least Mewtwo and Mew looked different enough, everything from anatomical structure to eye shape to the fact that Mewtwo has two colors while Mew only has one. This thing shares both of its colors with Mewtwo in very similar ways (light body, purple tail-thingy) as well as having a face that you really can't tell apart from Mewtwo's unless you do a very close side by side comparison, and even then it's hard to shake the similarities.

Judging by appearance alone, I say... Game Freak did a great job. Beyond that, I've sensed from the very start that this might very well be an entirely new Pokémon. I even brainstormed a couple names for it, one of which was "Mewtri" (Myoo-try).

Contrary to Xinn, I hope the series adds even more formes. Kinda wish Raichu were a forme of Pikachu rather than a stone-based evolution...

We should be able to learn more about this Pokémon in the upcoming trailer for the New Pokémon Movie as it is set to appear in the trailer along with Mewtwo. If that doesn't give us much insight then the Movie itself which is due to be shown in July will definitely give us more information.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I am I am gonna catch it and EV train it for speed and special attack and I will enter competitions with it and they will say "NO UBERS" and I will cry and go back to trying to permenently skill swap Kyogres Drizzle onto a Wailord.

You know, guys, this could turn out to be one of those instances where the animated version looks a lot better than its drawn counterpart. Who knows...

Just trying to boost morale here...

It's disappointing to see the Pokemon Company is running out of ideas and rehashing past successes.

Mewtwo is among my favorite Pokemon and to see this...thing tarnishes its legendary reputation.

It's not even supposed to be Mewtwo, it's a Pokémon that has some connection with Mewtwo, same way as how Mew is connected to Mewtwo. Since this is a completely different Pokémon as the official sites claim, I don't think Mewtwo's reputation is tarnished at all. Mewtwo is still Mewtwo, he still that favorite Pokémon of the past, nothing has changed that.

Fig

The Altruist
I personally love the design. It gives the vibe that it is not Mewtwo, but at the same time it what it would be expected to a degree if Mewtwo was given a new form of some sort. Personally, I can't wait to see how "Newtwo" will be effective in the upcoming generation! :pikalove:

'Mewnew' Theories

We'll have all seen the recently release image of the new X Y pokemon that looks astoundingly like Mewtwo. http://i.imgur.com/9puTr2Q.jpg

It is probably one of the most interesting X Y reveals. But the reaction to 'Mewnew' (which is what I'm calling it) has been mixed, a lot of fans of the original 150 and Mewtwo never expected him to evolve. In fact, if there was one pokemon that never would it would probably have been Mewtwo but now it loosk like we were wrong...

Or are we. Is Mewnew actually Mewtwo's evolved form?
One theory suggests that this Mewnew is actually Mew's evolution, which could make sense; Mewtwo was cloned from Mew, it wouldn't be unthinkable to think that if Mew were to evolve that it'd look something like Mewtwo considering they share a similar genetic make up....

To me Mewnew looks like something that'd evolve into Mewtwo, it looks like a pre-Mewtwo with Mewtwo looking a lot more impressive and imposing and well formed than Mewnew... it'd feel wrong to me for Mewtwo to evolve into Mewnew considering that it looks like a chibi version of him...

But how about you guys? What do you think?
Is this Mewtwo's evolution? Mews?
Or another clone?
What are your theories?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'm pretty sure 'Mewnew' is a completely separate Pokémon, but is linked with the connection between Mew/Mewtwo. I was actually shocked to find reports that it was not a form of Mewtwo. I would also doubt this would be an evolution of Mewtwo unless it was pre-evolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom