• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild all little details that may help us to know the placement timeline

Wich placement timeline do you prefer ?

• Unified timeline

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Child era

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • adult era

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • defeated hero timeline

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
First of all, i don't know if this topic has already been treated. If this is the case, you go on and delete it.
It is just something that i thought, as i read rumors and hope about the new Zelda game, on Wii U.

1) There is the blue earring that can be seen on Link in the teaser, which could be the one Link is wearing on TP and OOC.
=> Does this mean that Zelda Wii U be on the child era ? Before or after TP ?

2) Epona. She only appears on OOC, MM, and TP (a little on MC but she is not Link's horse then). She appears to be more like a "real horse" (Aonuma said that horses don't run into trees, so Epona will not run into trees) and if we put a cross on the map, Epona will lead us to this cross. There is also a rumor that Epona might be able to carry our equipment.
=> Again, the child era.

3) The Sailcloth. We can see it in the first minutes of the video with Aonuma. Pretty usefull if we look for the moutains on the map…
=> Just like SS. Maybe it is just after Skyloft fall on the Earth ? So this is the unified timeline.

4) The "bridge" I can see that this building is soooo interesting. It look very similar to the one of TP. But maybe it's not a bridge. Maybe it's just an other bridge. Maybe it is not a bridge, but a ruin, a castle ?
=> Again, the child era.

5) The monster that appears in the teaser. It seems that it uses some blue energy, wether to move or fire. The ancient shape of the monster, covered by grass, with a wounded tentacles, all of this allow me to say (but i'm not 100% sure about this) that Link may have awakens this monster in order to have this blue arrow that he use in the trailers. It is kind of energy use by the mecanic people in the desert in SS (i forgot their name), so…
=> Again, the unified timeline.

6) The blue clothes. Link hardly begins his adventures with his green tunic. In WW, he also wear a blue tunic. So there is two possibilities from here. It can be related to the adult era, maybe another time around the great flood, maybe if Link has returned and saved Hyrule again ? Or maybe this BEFORE SS, when Link is not a hero yet. Or (so there is three possibilities… ) this is just the beginning tunic and he will wear his green tunic after one or two donjons ?
=> So there are the adult era, and before the unified timeline.

There are other details, but i can't say they will help us to think about a timeline placement…
a) the gerudo clothes. (i really love the theories about the gerudo dominion and that Link have to hide from the others)
b) the BIG sword Link wear in the latest image of Zelda Wii U… (like the goron sword in OOC)
c) the book with a sheika eye. (maybe not for the timeline placement, but for the name of this Zelda game ?)
d) The ressemblances between Zelda Wii U game and Studio Ghibli film. Yes, there some. The monster is like a gardien in "Castle in the sky". The trailer is like the beginning of "Princess Mononoke" (when Ashitaka flees the demon).
=>I heard that there is a rumor in Japan, that Zelda wii u is inspired of some manga, so why not ? It will be awesome if this is the case !! *-*

I think there is already a thread for this...

Also the SS robots are just called Ancient Robots.

You make good points, but I still think it takes place directly after SS before Timeline split.

You make good points, but I still think it takes place directly after SS before Timeline split.

Well thanks for saying this ;-) I would like, no, love, that this new zelda game happens after SS. But as we can see, there are a lot of possibilities, because we don't have enough informations about this game. I can understand why we want this to be around the TP time.

And yes, it's a "she" xD
And i would like for people to share some details that they have seen, in order to discuss about it ;-)

I want the adult timeline, one thing that could possibly point to it is how...open the world is, and New hyrule is still being built, though the same could be said for post-SS surface.

As I said in the earlier thread, I suspect a Twilight Princess sequel. Having the HD remake come out right before it would make sense, aswell as the fact that data from the Wolf Link Amiibo can apparently be transfered over to Zelda U.

HeroOfTermina

Obsessively checking this forum since 2015
As I said in the earlier thread, I suspect a Twilight Princess sequel. Having the HD remake come out right before it would make sense, aswell as the fact that data from the Wolf Link Amiibo can apparently be transfered over to Zelda U.
Also worth noting that Aonuma said that Twilight Princess was the "starting point" for Zelda U in the last TP Retrospective video.

Please do you have some details to expose to us ? Or this is just yours hope ? I truly like that people not just say they want this Zelda game to be sequel or prequel to TP, SS, or anything else, but also explain why they want this. Please, this is why i made this topic, in order to concentrate on the small details we have… :-)

A reason why I want the adult timeline is because A I like it's charm. and B, I want to understand more of new Hyrule, it had potential, Malladus had potential, the lokomo sword, tower of spirits, spirit tracks, and the spirits had potential. And as I said before, the open land could point to a young land, that being, new Hyrule. I guess the cell shade style could be a pointer too.

Please do you have some details to expose to us ? Or this is just yours hope ? I truly like that people not just say they want this Zelda game to be sequel or prequel to TP, SS, or anything else, but also explain why they want this. Please, this is why i made this topic, in order to concentrate on the small details we have… :-)
I just want it to be a SS sequel because it is most similar to SS. I would enjoy like a TP sequel for instance, but in this case I don't think that would happen.

HeroOfTermina

Obsessively checking this forum since 2015
While I still say it'll be in the child timeline, you never know with Nintendo. Four Swords is before the split, yet Four Swords Adventures is after Twilight Princess... Not only is it seperated from the other four sword series games, but it makes no sense geographically. Hyrule somehow turns into an almost identical replica of A Link to the Past Hyrule after Twilight Princess?
Anyways, we won't know for sure until Nintendo says something.

While I still say it'll be in the child timeline, you never know with Nintendo. Four Swords is before the split, yet Four Swords Adventures is after Twilight Princess... Not only is it seperated from the other four sword series games, but it makes no sense geographically. Hyrule somehow turns into an almost identical replica of A Link to the Past Hyrule after Twilight Princess?
Anyways, we won't know for sure until Nintendo says something.
But I wanna know before June 3, 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom