• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds ALBW WILL Have Cinematic Cutscenes

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Aonuma: For people who really want to get into the story and play the game for that whole story aspect – that’s what drives them to play the game – there are certain elements of the story that you really have difficulty representing from a top view or even from a side view. So there are other views that I guess you could call movie-type scenes or cinematic-type scenes in the game, yes.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/11/three-things-we-learned-about-zelda-a-link-between-worlds

So yeah, that removes a little bit of doubt from people I suppose.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I don't see why they wouldn't have cinematic cutscenes. It's the 3DS, superior handheld technology, of course it'll have cinematic cutscenes!

Snow Queen

They boring and slow down the already slow pacing of "modern" Zelda games.

Maybe they'll be good boring cinematic cutscenes. I personally don't care for story, but if they're gonna force me to pay attention to it, I at least want them to look nice.

As long as Nintendo offers the option to skip them for those people who dislike the cutscenes (like they did in the most recent installments), then I see no problem with it. I personally don't mind cutscenes, but I know some people dislike them. Either way, I'm kind of happy because most overhead view Zelda games would still show Link's face because of the sprites. In this game, you mostly see the top of his head from the extreme perspective going on, so the cutscenes would give an opportunity to at least see more of him than that. xDD Plus, that means GMVs. :bleh:

Snow Queen

Obviously I'm surprised you called cutscenes "boring". I rarely bring up English mistakes in my posts, so why would you even think... how did that even...

Seriously, why?

JJ, calm down man. We're getting out of hand here. You and Sroa shake hadns and maybe we cna make this whole tyop situation bette.

Salem

SICK
Obviously I'm surprised you called cutscenes "boring". I rarely bring up English mistakes in my posts, so why would you even think... how did that even...

Seriously, why?

JJ, calm down man. We're getting out of hand here. You and Sroa shake hadns and maybe we cna make this whole tyop situation bette.
Honestly, both of you exaggerated the situation here, I said something, JJ thought it was dumb. That's all.:)

Night Owl

~Momentai
It would have surprised me if it didn't have cutscenes; every game since ALttP has had them.
They've also been doing cinematic cutscenes since OoT, even the oracle games have a few of them; so it probably was to be expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom