• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Agitha........

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
:suspicious:
We all know the weird little girl in Castle Town that collects Golden Bugs. I have just been wondering:

1. She says she wants to have a ball with bugs........ That's all you need to know to think she's weird. How do you have a ball with shiny bugs? IT'S NOT LIKE THEY CAN DANCE OR DRINK TEA OR ANYTHING!!!! How?

2. She's like 10, 11, 12? Where are her parents? She can't be an orphan, she has a nice decorated house with stane-glass windows. Her parents could just be some random people in the town, but she's still there at midnight!

3. Everyone has been wondering. Literally (maybe) everyone. Where does she get all the stupid money?!!! She gives you like 6000 ruppies in all! WHERE THE HECK DOES SHE GET IT!!!!!!

What do you think?

linkman8

True and Noble
I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate.

1. You could probably link the explanation for the first quetsion with the first sentence of your next question. She's like 10 or something like that. She operates on imagination.
2. This is a good question that I never really thought about before, and odds are she's an orphan or something. I mean it's not like they had laws back then saying that a minor had to be living with an adult guardian.
3. Maybe she conducts illicit activities in order gain money. No? I know, unlikely. Odds are she probably got it as inheritance. She is a princess, you know , according to her. (Or a queen, I don't remember correctly.)

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I'm pretty sure she's just a little girl who likes collecting bugs.

To answering your questions.

1. I really have no answer to this question, as it seems fairly random.

2. Link was an orphan( at least he was in OoT), why can't she be one. Nothing would be wrong with her being an orphan, would it?

3. She probably steals the money.(xD)

Yeah, but this is just a game and I don't think there could be any real answers unless someone actually could go to Iwata or Miyamoto.

Last edited:
F

Forsaken

:suspicious:
We all know the weird little girl in Castle Town that collects Golden Bugs. I have just been wondering:

1. She says she wants to have a ball with bugs........ That's all you need to know to think she's weird. How do you have a ball with shiny bugs? IT'S NOT LIKE THEY CAN DANCE OR DRINK TEA OR ANYTHING!!!! How?

2. She's like 10, 11, 12? Where are her parents? She can't be an orphan, she has a nice decorated house with stane-glass windows. Her parents could just be some random people in the town, but she's still there at midnight!

3. Everyone has been wondering. Literally (maybe) everyone. Where does she get all the stupid money?!!! She gives you like 6000 ruppies in all! WHERE THE HECK DOES SHE GET IT!!!!!!

What do you think?

Well, I think this might clear things up to you:

1. As said before by linkman8, she's little, and who knows, perhaps she's just making use of her imagination. That's perfectly normal, even if she's older, like 14.

2. Let's say she's an orphan. Maybe she got traumatized or something, after her parents died in some kind of accident, or left her alone. That justifies her imagination "issues". Everybody knows how damaged can a child be if she's left all on her own. They most probably died and left her a lot of money (and this last sentence answers the third question).

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.

She is indeed rather weird (most girls don't like bugs), but I've heard of stranger things. I imagine that it's the same way that normal little girls have tea parties with their dolls... she sets up the props, and pretends that they can.
There are such things as wealthy, decadent parents who largely ignore their children. Hyrule isn't America... sometimes there are parents who just let their child go and come as they please, because they can't be bothered to look out for them (the extreme version of a latchkey kid). Maybe they're wealthy, spoiled people who spend all their time out partying or something.
She uses her credit card? I'm kidding, LOL. If she has wealthy parents who largely neglect her, they probably give her a big allowance and expensive gifts in order to "make up" for it. One of my parents did something similar because they were divorced and never saw me, and thus felt guilty. She may well sell the expensive gifts (500-1500 rupees a pop) and save up her allowance (1000 rupees a month) for the bugs, since they're her passion. Wouldn't take her more than 2-3 months at that rate.

Alternatively... well, she doesn't have to save Hyrule. That means she can spend ALL her time cutting grass, throwing rocks, and leaving/reentering areas. ^_^
If you spend as much time on that as you do on dungeons, well... it wouldn't take you long at all to save up 6000 rupees. Maybe a week. She might be cutting the grass looking for bugs, and just finds a bunch of rupees.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I hate Agitha. She is so weird with the bugs. She considers herself a princess. Who knows? Maybe she is one fr another land.

Din Akera

Sniper
She may have been a little weird, but she was a fun character. The giggles and the squeeles were a little annying at times but, you get over it when she forks the ruppees over! I think that what has been said about the money and her parents is correct. But I don't think that Agitha is the weirdest part of that whole situation, i think the guy outside who is always peering in through her window is. STALKER! creep-o......

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Alternatively... well, she doesn't have to save Hyrule. That means she can spend ALL her time cutting grass, throwing rocks, and leaving/reentering areas. ^_^
LOL!!! HA! I do that all the time, and when you think about it... If you go into Hyrule Field, at some specific places you can actually find here looking through grass. :) It's a coincidence to what you said, unless you were reffering to that.

I forgot to mention the creepy stalker guy outside. He is absolute stalker. You know, if he collected a bunch of bugs, WALKED INSIDE, and gave them to her. .. Then he'd be all set. :) :) :)

And the letter you get. She says that she had a dream were butterflies came and lifted her to the heavens. Awkward. :O

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
LOL!!! HA! I do that all the time, and when you think about it... If you go into Hyrule Field, at some specific places you can actually find here looking through grass. :) It's a coincidence to what you said, unless you were reffering to that.

I forgot to mention the creepy stalker guy outside. He is absolute stalker. You know, if he collected a bunch of bugs, WALKED INSIDE, and gave them to her. .. Then he'd be all set. :) :) :)

And the letter you get. She says that she had a dream were butterflies came and lifted her to the heavens. Awkward. :O

Well you pretty much took the words out of my mouth. The only thing you didn't say is that the most creepy thing about Agitha is when you go to her house and leave for the first time without giving her the bugs in your pouch (you have to have bugs on you.) The reaction she gave me made me never want to come back to this crazy girl's house. I felt like she would murder me.

Ikana

Trollkastel
That Little Stalker that would spy on her such a pervert.She was a little weird for a girl since she was obsessed with bugs.I really don't know how she has all that money her parents could have been rich or she does something to get that kind of money who knows what she does.I always that it was scary when you would leave her house if you had a bug with you,I thought she would stalk you then kill you just to get the bug.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I like to think that Agitha comes from a very wealthy family and her parents got a little worried about their daughter's odd fixation with glowy insects. Thus they sent her to the city, while they themselves remained in their own luxurious mansion somewhere outside the boundaries of Hyrule that Link ever explored, in hopes that the city's lack of pretty bugs would help Agitha get past what they believe was but a passing phase of her life. Perhaps they hoped to use their own wealth and influence to allow her to live at the castle, but she decided to use the vast allowance they gave her to make herself her own golden bug ballroom at which point her wild childish imagination took over. Perhaps all that time waiting for the bugs to come made her a little...odd in the head (well, more odd than before anyways), thus her creepy "I know you have bugs" and her adoration of "puppy" Link (it's rather funny talking to her as a wolf, bizarre little girl).

I like making odd theories. :)

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
I personally think she is more like 14,15, or 16 of age. The money part is true though. It makes sense how she would be able to cary that much, but how on earth did she get it. Also it makes more sense that she is older because then she might be able to have a better job if that is how she gets the money.

The bug part I am just going to say that she has a strange mind, yet it is nice of her to give you all that money.

This is purely speculation but.
1.) As someone else said, considering she's a young child, she most likely is imaginative and hence the bug collecting.
2.) Yeah, definitely has to be an orphan. I mean, there aren't any visible hint or even mention of a parent or guardian.
3.) Most likely inheritance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom